lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #21
FOURTECH
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: problems with 1998 ds

I will check for that first thing when I get home. Thank you
FOURTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #22
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Wait I use spell check.. just decided im smarter then that. Key thing to remember four.... 4k rpm anything above that will bee floating valves meaning they are literly floating while that little piston ischugging along, and itciuld be a little detrimatle to her, meaning pistons can hit the valves.... I can pull 22mph on my carryall will 22 inch tires. I do not have a rpm thingy, I simply have a ziptie on my governor shaft to hold it open. I can move it from stock to turbo mode as needed. My littleblack box on front of the engine is still hooked up to. Rev limiter! Thats it! I heard it kicks in around 3600 rpm.
Dont go to advance or napa for a tachometrer...it wont read right. Get with a sponsor, bit more, but there made and meant for the golf cart single poppers!

And don, I thought ds had rear brakes only and the cables had no issues, only the front brakes on the carry alls .... either way I have a factory lifted carry all on 22s and I drive at 17 in stock and can get 22 going down hill and average 19 to 20 wide open. I know if I adjust the ziptie I can problay squeeze a little more out itbefore I hit the rev limiter. How fast do I need with e dogin the bed ?
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:26 AM   #23
FOURTECH
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The rev limiter on the front bottom of the engine seems all good. I will try to drop the engine this week and see if it helps.
FOURTECH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car 1998
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car