lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
Bic209764
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Engine Runs, Cart Won't Move

I have a 1991 Gas Club Car DS. I bought it several weeks ago and it ran well. Then the other night I was running it and it started chugging. It would go, then slow, then go. I turned back towards the garage and it finally took off full speed and run fine. Next time I went to ride it, I put it in forward and the engine kicks on but the cart won't move anywhere. I tried reverse and same result. I bought a new belt thinking it was worn out, but that didn't help either.

Please Help!

photo 2.jpgphoto5.JPG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (178.1 KB, 0 views)
Bic209764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
FlyingRN
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Engine Runs, Cart Won't Move

When you put the shift lever in "F" does the shift lever on the transmission move? Easy way to tell is remove the black plastic cover behind the seat and look or if you have a back seat installed, get underneath and look while someone moves the shift lever back and forth. I'm guessing the cable has come disconnected from the trans.
FlyingRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
Bic209764
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the idea. I just got home and tried it. And yes, when I shift the lever for the gears it moves too
Old 09-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Check out this thread. Mark27 had the same problem as what you're describing and it's a problem I also had with my own cart: The bolt that holds the driven clutch and the keyway had worked loose, causing the driven clutch to spin freely on the input shaft.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...iagnostic.html

So, check the bolt on your driven clutch to see if it's still there.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #5
Bic209764
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well glad to report cart is running. For now. The drive clutch had seized up from rust and other junk. I was able to tap it with a rubber mallet and free it. I'm not sure how long this fix will last but hopefully until this winter when I have more time to rebuild it. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

They're not hard to rebuild. You might not even need to buy anything, just take it apart, clean it out, put it back together.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car