lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2017, 10:26 PM   #11
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Newb with a 1988 Club Car DS

Power washed the frame today.

FireFighterHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2017, 10:29 PM   #12
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Broken Body Mount

Disassembly

Broken stud winding

Broken post

Worn Brushes
Old 08-08-2017, 10:35 PM   #13
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Broken Stock OEM motor
worn brushes
Old 08-08-2017, 10:40 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFighterHill View Post
-snip- That should cover just about everything.
I'd say so. Be sure to talk to scottyb - Carts Unlimited and TahoeDawg71 - Revolution Golf Cars as they usually have or will make you a custom package deal on the motor, solenoid, controller, cables, etc.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:47 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I would not coat it since it is an aluminum frame, but a fresh shot of silver to brighten it up always looks great.

And that sucks about the motor stud, but oh so common.

Be sure to grind out that crack real well before you re-weld it. Hopefully you have a mig around....
Old 08-08-2017, 11:54 PM   #16
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ive already talked with people at D&D Motors, Plum Quick, and a Curtis controllers rep. I may call All Trax tomorrow, have a few questions about their controllers. I will give both Scottyb and Tahoedawg a call as well. The guy at D&D is trying to talk me into a D&D Regen motor, HD F/R switch, Curtis controller, Potentiometer, and Solenoid.

Im leaning towards a Plum quick HP motor, All Trax Controller, HD F/R switch, Curtis Potentiometer, Curtis Solenoid. And now im thinking 2 gauge wire instead of 4.

Everyone tells me it would be cheaper in the long run to up my voltage to 48 now. Gonna ask around to see if anyone has two extra 6 volt batteries in good condition they are willing to part with cheaply. Would have to figure out where to mount the two extra batteries.

I want to at least coat the battery tray area. It already has alot of bad pitting corrosion. And I definitely wanna coat the axle tubes and anything else that's not aluminum.

Don't have a mig or a grinder. Trying to think of a way I can fix it myself. I hate to ask people to help me work on it.

I'm gonna service the brakes and transaxle sometime in the next few days. Any tips on checking the transaxle to make sure its in good working order? I would hate to have all new motor and wiring all installed and then find out the trans-axle is bad. Was gonna at least drain and refill the gear oil.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:04 AM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yes, drain and refill it and then check the end-play in the gears and any drag or resistance in the bearings. If it rotates freely and the grease/oil was not full of water, it should be ok. They are pretty resilient.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #18
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well in another strange turn of events I was approached and offered Three club cars all in various states of needing repair, package deal $1100.00 dollars. One 1992 48v and two 36v carts. The 1992 looks to be in decent shape, some corrosion on the terminals, batteries are definitely tired. but the body and frame are in great shape. Already has a lift and larger tires, 4 seater. Its the same v glide assembly as the 1988 I have. Story is the motor went bad, hes got another used motor to put in it. I have a set of newer 8v batteries I could possibly use in it, but they are untested. They all hold 8.2v but I haven't been able to load test them.

On the 36v one is a flatbed and im told all it needs is batteries and a solenoid. The 3rd one is mostly complete and hes not sure whats wrong with it. For the price hes offering them all for if I can take the 4 carts I'll have and come out of the deal with 2 good carts, I should be able to sell one and get all my money back out of the deal. If I can come up with 3 good carts I should be able to actually make some money on the deal and put it toward upgrading the 1992.

And the kicker, hes throwing in three extra used motors. 2 Series motors and one Regen.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:07 AM   #19
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Then it sounds like if you are willing to do the work then you have a pretty good deal going there.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:07 PM   #20
FireFighterHill
Getting Wild
Club Car

Pictures of the carts and correction. two 48v and one 36v

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car