lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
Barin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent Controller Cover

Hey Guys... First just want to thank everyone here for all the great information/advice. I am usually able to find exactly what I need by searching through the forums.

This is definitely a newb question - About a month ago I purchased a 2013 CC Precedent (SN starts with PH1343) and started by completely tearing it down to replace a bunch of components. I wanted to get it all back together in a week but work/kids/house stuff got in the way so it has been a while since I did the breakdown. My dilemna is if there is a cover for the backside of the controller/solenoid area? Seems like there should be something to protect it from water and dirt while driving. I don't remember taking off a cover, I can't find one in my pile of body parts and I looked through the service manual and couldn't find anything in there about a cover.

The alltrax install manual mentions cutting through a cover for wiring (step 26) and I did find OEM part number 1033169-01 but not sure if this covers the entire metal plate or just the OEM controller?
Barin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Precedent Controller Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barin View Post
Hey Guys... First just want to thank everyone here for all the great information/advice. I am usually able to find exactly what I need by searching through the forums.

This is definitely a newb question - About a month ago I purchased a 2013 CC Precedent (SN starts with PH1343) and started by completely tearing it down to replace a bunch of components. I wanted to get it all back together in a week but work/kids/house stuff got in the way so it has been a while since I did the breakdown. My dilemna is if there is a cover for the backside of the controller/solenoid area? Seems like there should be something to protect it from water and dirt while driving. I don't remember taking off a cover, I can't find one in my pile of body parts and I looked through the service manual and couldn't find anything in there about a cover.

The alltrax install manual mentions cutting through a cover for wiring (step 26) and I did find OEM part number 1033169-01 but not sure if this covers the entire metal plate or just the OEM controller?
The cover would be the plastic splash guard behind the removable aluminum controller mounting surface. It can be removed also
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
Barin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks scottyb. I now also see it in step 2 of the alltrax installation manual in the background.

Looks like I need to order one since mine is missing. Is the OEM part number 1033169-01 the right one? It doesn't look like it is the same shape as the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg controller-cover.jpg (83.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check with David at Revolution golf carts as he sells Club Car parts, he may ever have a used one.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:38 AM   #5
Bundi
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

There was no way my cover was fitting back on after installing the alltrax controller HD Solenoid and 2g wire. It is now in the attic of my garage.
Bundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:54 AM   #6
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

It does take a little work, but I have my back on. A lot of people just leave them off.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

If you use the cover with an Alltrax, you'll have to notch it to allow the top of the controller to protrude out past the cover. The Alltrax is water resistant and I do not use the cover on any of my Alltrax installs (5-10 per month). I have never had an issue.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #8
Barin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks guys! Sounds like the consensus is that I can just leave the controller shield off.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:31 PM   #9
rob87904
Not Yet Wild

My 13 didnt have a cover either, it has the stock controller in it. Should i look at getting a new cover since im running the stock controller?
rob87904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob87904 View Post
My 13 didnt have a cover either, it has the stock controller in it. Should i look at getting a new cover since im running the stock controller?
Yes
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car