lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2018, 02:23 AM   #11
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Onward Stealth Stereo install

What are the ratings on the sub and what are you using to power it?
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2018, 08:00 AM   #12
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

It’s an infinity reference 12”, dual 4ohm vc, I think it’s rated at 500watts rms. It’s in a 1.25 cubic foot sealed enclosure wired 2ohm. Running on the single sub channel on my precision power amp (350 watts rms at 2 ohm). The amp is a PPI i640.5, 5 channel class D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:06 AM   #13
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RecwPbOL0ng

Old 05-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #14
Riso
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice!
Riso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:34 PM   #15
DestinBeachBuggy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Preparing for a cart stereo build and saw this. Love the idea of the 12" above the motor, was trying to figure where to hide one. Well done and love the E36 part of the sig. Miss mine.
DestinBeachBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #16
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Destin, so you know the MAX box size using 3/4” mdf is 1.25 cubic feet on a lifted cart. Not lifted might be less. If I didn’t get the sub for a good deal I probably would have used a 10W-6 which only needs .5/cuft.

I still have an E36M in the garage. Never drive it anymore though so I’ll probably sell it. Sad to see it just sit there and waste away.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #17
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
It’s an infinity reference 12”, dual 4ohm vc, I think it’s rated at 500watts rms. It’s in a 1.25 cubic foot sealed enclosure wired 2ohm. Running on the single sub channel on my precision power amp (350 watts rms at 2 ohm). The amp is a PPI i640.5, 5 channel class D.

That’s an awesome and creative setup. So you are using that kenwood 4 channel bluetooth amp? And the 5 channel amp? I really like the kenwood m1824bt. Installed it in my Jeep LJ along with a Sound Ordnance powered sub and 4 Polk db’s. Was going to replicate in the golf cart, but mine came with a an older well made Vantage sealed box for a 10” sub and a 2000 watt amp. So I’m repurposing those to fit my new speakers. The previous owner hacked up the rear under seat compartment to store sub and 12v accessory battery. But I may try to mount it like you did to get that space back. Does your sub speaker sit flush against the top of the body that covers that area? Or do you have to leave some breathing room for the speaker? My cart also came with a pioneer bluetooth head unit. I want to eventually replace with some sort of Bluetooth controller like that kenwood has.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:31 AM   #18
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’m using both amps, kenwood to run the Bose cubes and tang band woofers, PPI to run the tweeters and sub. The box sits about 3/4” under the rear underbody panel.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #19
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the pictures. I pushed my JL Vantage 10” sealed sub box up over the wheel Thouh it fits at a slight angle, it is like it was made for this space. There is room for the motor wiring and it fits so snugly, I don’t even have to hold it up there while it is empty. Do you think there is enough room for the motor to function properly with the box in this position? And how did you secure your box? Just mount it to that sidewall on either side?
https://postimg.cc/gallery/1ht441bvo/

Last edited by beachguysc; 06-11-2018 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Pics
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:23 AM   #20
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I gave mine about 4” of clearance over the motor IIRC. However, I have bump stops to limit the upward suspension travel so I can’t say 100% that what works on mine will also work on yours. But unless you are doing some heavy off roading I would like to think that 4” is plenty of room for the motor to move with the suspension. Worst case, you may have to build another box that is better dimensions for the available space, but I would definitely try what you have first.

As far as mounting goes, I just put two drywall screws with big fender washers through that inner fender on each side. With mine, it’s so tight in there I probably could have just set it in and left it that way to be honest. It literally has nowhere to go once the under body is back on.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car