lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2017, 01:20 AM   #1
Babyboy70363
Not Yet Wild

Default Help finding CC info!

I have an opportunity to pick up a Club Car from a family member for what I think might be a jam up price. Unfortunately, I'm not sure of the model.....

The serial number is: PQ0536-546156

Based on the stickies I think this is an '05 model but that's all I can tell. Any help on identifying this cart would be greatly appreciated!

The only "complaint" from the current owner is that after takeoff the cart "slows down"......im thinking either a battery issue or speed sensor, but any advise on what to check would also be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to everyone's responses. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Babyboy70363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2017, 07:35 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Help finding CC info!

PQ = Precedent i2 IQ 48V
05 = 2005
36 = Week of manufacture

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:13 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Push the cart by hand, if it moves without offering resistance, the speed sensor is bad.

There are 2 possible motors in that year, the Gray GE and the Black ADC.

The Black ADC is the better motor with an easily accessible magnet that can be replaced to increase the speed.

That model year is designed for 12v batteries which is not an issue unless you need to get a lot of range on a single charge.

The Precedent IQ is a great cart and rides really well.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #4
Babyboy70363
Not Yet Wild

Thank you both for all that info! Unfortunately, I'm 2.5hrs away from the cart and won't be able to check anything for another 3 weeks. But as soon as I can I'll post what I find.

The cart was used by a "seasoned" gentleman in his early 80's.....and an avid golfer. He had a stroke about a year ago and only goes to the course to charge the cart once a month. He says the batteries don't have 3 rounds of golf on them.....unfortunately we all know that doesn't attest to their care or condition. Nonetheless, it'll be a $1000.00 well spent. The cart is going to be a gift to the in-laws for Christmas for use around the yard....and to take the grandbabies for a ride.

Thanks again!

Old 11-25-2017, 05:31 AM   #5
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Push the cart by hand, if it moves without offering resistance, the speed sensor is bad.

There are 2 possible motors in that year, the Gray GE and the Black ADC.

The Black ADC is the better motor with an easily accessible magnet that can be replaced to increase the speed.

That model year is designed for 12v batteries which is not an issue unless you need to get a lot of range on a single charge.

The Precedent IQ is a great cart and rides really well.
Don't be put off if it is a DE motor either. all though not as easy to put a speed magnet in, it is not extremely difficult either. I have a GE motor in mine and got a magnet from Dave at revolution. Worked great. Get over 20mph with everything stock. Mine is an 05 too
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:01 AM   #6
Babyboy70363
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! Appreciate the input!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car