lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2017, 12:19 AM   #11
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Rear Shackle Replacement Procedure

Here is a pic of my 93 DS using the hole that was 1" longer than standard with 205/12" tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0670.jpg (234.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0669.jpg (242.4 KB, 0 views)
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2017, 10:55 PM   #12
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I realized that the pics I posted of my 93 DS were with the original shackles. Here are a couple of pics with the extended shackles. You can see how much the 1" longer shackles increased the tire clearance. I showed a picture of what the shackle looks like with the extra hole at 2" longer. When I used the lower hole it made it look like it was running downhill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1467.jpg (240.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1466.jpg (187.5 KB, 0 views)
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:15 AM   #13
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

That look perfect!
Nice wheels!
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #14
cb0w
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi Folks!

I got the shackles back yesterday and got them installed last night. As you can see from the pics, they are 3/8" wide instead of 1/4". Quite a bit beefier than the stock shackles that were on my cart when I got it. As EZHO predicted, I had to go out and grab some 4" bolts from HD. While I was at it, I went ahead and replaced all the rear sleeves and bushings on the leafs/shackles.

I had a bit of trouble getting the spring lined up to replace the shackles. My jack is a bit wimpy and I couldn't get the frame up high enough to drop the axle enough to line everything up. In the end, loosening the axle "U Bolts" (one side at a time) helped a lot. I ended up using a long piece of metal conduit to pry against the leaf and the frame. This allowed me get everything lined up with the 6" hole. Luckily, the 1" difference was enough to alleviate my rubbing issues. If I ever need to go higher, I can always move to the 7" hole.

Overall, I'm very happy with the end result. The fender/wheel gap is just perfect for my taste and I'm glad I didn't have to use the 7" hole. Pics are below. Thanks to everyone who helped out and replied.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0765.jpg (103.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4666.jpg (284.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2400.jpg (107.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6647.jpg (155.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9818.jpg (202.8 KB, 0 views)
cb0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car