lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #11
swatman260
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie: Wiring Accessory Block to Ignition

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I’m trying to run a similar relay for my reducer. Is there a way to access the “cold” side of the ignition switch wire without removing the dash? I want to use the cold side to trigger a 48v relay to activate my reducer, but I’d rather not remove the dash if I don’t have to.
swatman260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2018, 08:22 AM   #12
superfreaker
Not Yet Wild

OP (newbie) here, but the dash was only a few torx screws (2015 model) that came out in maybe two minutes. However, if you must avoid removing the dash panel, you could tap the wire loom itself that runs under the floor mat to the battery compartment. You will just need to know the lead color (I don't recall).
superfreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:40 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

swatman260, what cart, model and year are You specifically referring to?

Some models You can get the "cold" side of the key switch on the solenoid small post.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #14
swatman260
Not Yet Wild

My cart is a 2015 precedent. If the dash is only a few torx screws, I should have no problem. I was just concerned because it has one of those covers with the glove box doors and stuff, and I didn’t know if that would make it more difficult.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The light blue wire on the Solenoid small post is connected to the cold side of the key switch in the 2015 precedent.

Make sure you disconnect the pack negative cable before removing the dash and it should be an easy task to connect to the key switch even with the aftermarket dashboard.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #16
swatman260
Not Yet Wild

Awesome. Thank you Sergio. Would the light blue wire at the solenoid be impacted by any micro switches, or is that straight from the key? I’d like the reducer to be triggered with the key, but not impacted by the F/R switch or anything like that.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That light blue wire on a Precedent is directly connected to the key switch cold side.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:31 AM   #18
jdayusat
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: Newbie: Wiring Accessory Block to Ignition

Hi, I just ran across this thread and have a related question.

I am trying to install accessories, but I would like for them to be able to run without the ignition key switch being turned on. I have small kids, and I don't want them to accidentally step on the gas pedal while we are just listening to the radio.

So, I have wired my dc converter and all accessories (via a fuse block) to work correctly when my green (activation) cable from the converter is connected to the cold ignition wire. So currently it will turn on the accessories (radio, usb, etc.) when I turn the ignition switch on. However, I am wanting to make it where I can have a separate switch that I can use to turn on/off the accessories without having to turn the ignition switch on. Any suggestions on how to wire this?

Thanks for any feedback!
jdayusat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car