lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Utility Trailer for Moving The Precedent

Hi Guys,

Looking for a simple lightweight trailer to bring the Precedent back and forth to camp.

Our local big box hardware has a couple light to medium duty galvanized trailers with 1500LB load capabilities at reasonable prices and right at my budget.

Im looking at the 4x8 and the 5x8. Both have drop down tailgate ramps for loading, 14 inch tall sides panels, as well as a front panel that drops down to allow for longer loads.

Now thinking down the road....

My Precedent is currently stock save for a rear seat and footboard. Its closer to 9 feet long so I'll be making good use of the drop down front panel on the trailers.

Should I get a 5 foot wide in case I decide at some point to do the lift kit and larger wheels? Would that make the Precedent wider than 4 feet? I measured it last night and its a few inches narrower than 4 feet stock.

Thoughts or anything else I should be thinking of?

- Gazoo
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Utility Trailer for Moving The Precedent

Some lift kits will widen the front stance, but I would get the 5' more so for the added stability it gives when towing on the highway. It pulls and handles much smoother than a 4'. I have had both....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:30 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I would get the 5' without question and at least 14" rims , I would rather see it have 15'' rims myself .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:31 PM   #4
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Some lift kits will widen the front stance, but I would get the 5' more so for the added stability it gives when towing on the highway. It pulls and handles much smoother than a 4'. I have had both....
Perfect, Thanks Nole! I hadn't even thought of that aspect!

Thanks, Swan!
Old 04-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I always like to help out thy neighbor, even if they are a "little" north of me....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:27 PM   #6
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
I always like to help out thy neighbor, even if they are a "little" north of me....
Please send some sun North please. Its damp and raining going on 3 days now. I'll soon have to put pontoons on the cart...
Old 04-30-2018, 03:57 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I woul get the 10 foot long.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:28 PM   #8
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Get a 5x10 to make sure you have room on the sides and front/back. After you have it awhile you will start tossing other stuff in it too. Ours is 5x12 to handle the cart, and stuff like a bbq grill, huge cooler and deer stand, and who knows what else the Mrs can think of at any one time. Sometimes it takes the 6.5x16 if we are real productive at deer camp.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:26 AM   #9
aviator160
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Hi Guys,

Looking for a simple lightweight trailer to bring the Precedent back and forth to camp.

Our local big box hardware has a couple light to medium duty galvanized trailers with 1500LB load capabilities at reasonable prices and right at my budget.

Im looking at the 4x8 and the 5x8. Both have drop down tailgate ramps for loading, 14 inch tall sides panels, as well as a front panel that drops down to allow for longer loads.

Now thinking down the road....

My Precedent is currently stock save for a rear seat and footboard. Its closer to 9 feet long so I'll be making good use of the drop down front panel on the trailers.

Should I get a 5 foot wide in case I decide at some point to do the lift kit and larger wheels? Would that make the Precedent wider than 4 feet? I measured it last night and its a few inches narrower than 4 feet stock.

Thoughts or anything else I should be thinking of?

- Gazoo
Also consider where your weight will in relation to the axel.
My Precedent has rear seat and 23 " tires, I load so the rear wheels are against the front rail on a 10 ft Jamar trailer it pulls best with the cart loaded backwards to give enough tung weight. If loaded forward the batteries end up to far back and make the tung of the trailer to light.
The drawback to my set up is I have to remove the windshield each time to take it at highway speed. Just some food for thought.
aviator160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:28 AM   #10
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator160 View Post
Also consider where your weight will in relation to the axel.
My Precedent has rear seat and 23 " tires, I load so the rear wheels are against the front rail on a 10 ft Jamar trailer it pulls best with the cart loaded backwards to give enough tung weight. If loaded forward the batteries end up to far back and make the tung of the trailer to light.
The drawback to my set up is I have to remove the windshield each time to take it at highway speed. Just some food for thought.
Thanks Aviator! How wide is the stance with those 23" tires?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car