lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #21
greg-g
Gone Wild

Default Re: 09 Precident throttle issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Flood

Did You check the S/N? If not, is the Controller Black (IQ) or Gray (Excel)?

The MCOR micro-switch does not directly control the Solenoid in a Precedent, it is just another piece of data to the Controller.

Go ahead and jump the MCOR micro-switch when You get the cart back.

Do You hear the reverse buzzer making sound when You get those symptoms?
Yes I think there’s a rule somewhere here that you throw the flood in after two or three pages
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #22
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Flood

Did You check the S/N? If not, is the Controller Black (IQ) or Gray (Excel)?

The MCOR micro-switch does not directly control the Solenoid in a Precedent, it is just another piece of data to the Controller.

Go ahead and jump the MCOR micro-switch when You get the cart back.

Do You hear the reverse buzzer making sound when You get those symptoms?
If ya roll it after it quits yes and when on jack and it runs up to speed before it quits a beep or 2 as the wheel just stops.Other than that normal.
controller is Curtis 1510AS5350 Which is a 350 amp UPGRADE CONTROLLER for Precident. It is Blk cover . The cart serial#PQ0868*********. I have cart Controller is on the overnight UPS,Should be here after noon tomorrow.Tech I talked to said to install cont and call him(BEFORE I TURN ON THE KEY ) he wants to go over some things with me and test some things.Head Tech at FSIP (We`ll SEE!)
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:31 PM   #23
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele View Post
-snip-
The cart serial#PQ0868*********. I have cart Controller is on the overnight UPS,Should be here after noon tomorrow.Tech I talked to said to install cont and call him(BEFORE I TURN ON THE KEY ) he wants to go over some things with me and test some things.Head Tech at FSIP (We`ll SEE!)
That would be a 3008 cart so you know....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #24
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
Yes I think there’s a rule somewhere here that you throw the flood in after two or three pages
It's those small things that ever so often pop up in the end....
Old 06-14-2018, 06:36 AM   #25
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
It's those small things that ever so often pop up in the end....
I just figured out . I sent Nole fan a PM originally in that I explained what had went on with customer washing the batteries with the cover off.I dont know if he seen it.I should have stated that here as well.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:05 AM   #26
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If it was just a splash of water on it, the controller should handle that, but if it was rising water (submerged for a period of time), then that is pretty much a complete "wash"out (pun intended) for the electrical system.....
Old 06-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #27
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
If it was just a splash of water on it, the controller should handle that, but if it was rising water (submerged for a period of time), then that is pretty much a complete "wash"out (pun intended) for the electrical system.....
it was enough that when I pulled the cont and took off the cover there was droplets covering half the case and a drop falling from the corner of the circuit board. I then blew it off with 60psi air and left it on a car hood in the sun 4 hrs. Cart also BLOW JOB !! and left in the sun 91 that day. took apart the f/R sw and it was dry. separated wire looms and they were dry as well.Put it back on next day and soon as I hooked up cable to batts resistor on sol started heating up and rev beeper sounded like a DYING FROG !!. So I pulled off cont and shipped it in.When I got it back is when The shutdown issue started.Controller just arrived.924 am fri. here we go.AND thats the WHOLE STORY!! I guess my spanking was MY FAULT !! for not stating that here on the open forum !!

That was Sergio that I sent the PM to.That stated water damage.

(I guess I was having an OLDNESS MOMENT) I`ll TRY NOT TO DO THAT AGAIN !! BUT , Thanks to all that try to help. Thanks SO MUCH.

correction Thursday 924 am !!
Old 06-14-2018, 04:52 PM   #28
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

So what was the outcome....
Old 06-14-2018, 06:19 PM   #29
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
So what was the outcome....
No Change in symtoms. After 1.5 hrs on the phone with tech.He had me hook up dvom to blk ground at controller and green to mtr at controller and read voltage when I turned on tow sw and key ,then push the pedal slowly down and read volts . Which went to 46.6 and steady aprox 38 seconds down it went and volts went 0 before the wheel stopped . I could hear the motor drop out same time volts died then heard regen clamp down on wheel till it stopped.Let up pedal waited about a minute went down and 3 seconds after full pedal down it went.Tried again right away and sol clunked and just started to spin wheel down again.He had me take off both sol small wires and check resistance across small terminals 233 ohms. He said that wasn`t the problem.So he told me ,Without a hand held scanner to look at fault codes or run live data stream on it. we couldn`t tell what was really going on. He said he suspected throttle over voltage.That was 1 code that was in it. But that also could come from full pedal when it quits with full pedal signal and no speed sensor input because wheel stopped. I ordered a dealer level hand held( delivers Sat) I was thinking hard about getting 1 anyway.Hand held will make life easier if i continue to work on these newer carts.

(also this is tps and not been converted) tps is new and steady signal micro checks good)

I did check volts across 2 small terms on sol turn key on and 48.4 v, step on pedal 49.9 while running . As motor drops out volts flash 0 then 48.4 right away. I gave up for now. Till I put it on a monitor. I did jump the micro and no change there.
I also,before installing the controller peeled back wire looms as far as i could no moisture pulled apart 6 pin connector to front blew it out no evidence of moisture any where. rechecked throttle pin 1 wht/blk at controller and yel pin2 both as before 6.50 send .6.59 return both steady till I let up the pedal after it quits. Could that motor be going shorted after running a short time ? Even though a test on A to A and f to f showed good with no resistance to ground. I did notice that if you try it after sitting . Running at 1/4 throttle and slow it just a little with brake. As soon and it loads the motor any at all it quits . A lot sooner than no load test.(I`m SHOPPING NOW I guess!!)
Old 06-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #30
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele View Post
I ordered a dealer level hand held( delivers Sat) I was thinking hard about getting 1 anyway.Hand held will make life easier if i continue to work on these newer carts.
I would have gotten an OEM level as that does allow you to change the controller programming, the Dealer level does not. But it will do your troubleshooting.

TPS were all factory recalled, but yours must have slipped through. They are dangerous and can cause the cart to run off on you so be careful.

I suppose there could be a short or something in the motor that causes it to open up when it gets hot, but I thought I recalled you getting operatic reading from the out put signal to the motor from the controller and that is what keeps sticking in my head pointing to a controller issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car