lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need help installing battery meter

You wiring notes are correct for connecting your headlights without a converter.

When you add a converter later, the converter input will get connected to the entire 48v pack and the headlight and other accessories will be connected to the 12v output of the converter.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #22
N.SHIFT
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You wiring notes are correct for connecting your headlights without a converter.

When you add a converter later, the converter input will get connected to the entire 48v pack and the headlight and other accessories will be connected to the 12v output of the converter.
I think I’m just going to do it the right way. So you already mentioned the black from converter goes to yellow bullet connector on the one battery. Does the red go to the positive on battery on passenger side of cart where main red cable comes off of?
N.SHIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You look at your pack positive battery where the red cable is connected, there is already a blue pigtail wire with a 1/4" quick connector.

The positive input for the converter goes there.

That black wire with a yellow bullet connector comes from your Controller B- terminal.

The negative input for your converter goes there.

The converter "trigger wire" goes on the blue wire at the key switch, and it turns the 12v output OFF when the key switch is OFF.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #24
N.SHIFT
Not Yet Wild

How many amps would you think I would need just for headlights and tail lights?
Old 07-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #25
N.SHIFT
Not Yet Wild

And where should I mount it?
Old 08-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #26
N.SHIFT
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If You look at your pack positive battery where the red cable is connected, there is already a blue pigtail wire with a 1/4" quick connector.

The positive input for the converter goes there.

That black wire with a yellow bullet connector comes from your Controller B- terminal.

The negative input for your converter goes there.

The converter "trigger wire" goes on the blue wire at the key switch, and it turns the 12v output OFF when the key switch is OFF.
Sorry for the delay. Finally got a chance to work on it. You solved my issue. Thank you very much. After a month of sitting. Batteries read 7 volts with my volt meter. Batteries dead. They are brand new. Plugged my charger in and get a flashing orange exclamation point. Is that normal since batteries are dead? I have the Eric charger. Ty
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car