lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2018, 06:29 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2012 DS 48v go no go

I watched the video several times and then framed by framed it. I ~believe what you are seeing is the regen brake activating after a full throttle shut down (and you have aftermarket vented plates which show more than a stock), which makes me wonder why or if your main solenoid is falling out. If you have a spare one, I would replace it. If you do not, I would hook my meter up to the 2 small terminals on the solenoid and then as it is running, you should have 48v, but if you loose it and the motor shuts down, then you can check each input to see whats dropping out. (The blue wire or blue/white wire)

If the 48v stays constant then you need to get on the controller side of the main solenoid and do it again to see if you drop a volt/volt and a half as that means the solenoid dropped out. One of those should hopefully identify where you are losing the input/output.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2018, 07:21 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Do what Nolefan said. See if the controller is telling the solenoid to shut down or if it's actually just dropping out while keeping voltage to the coil. The sparks from the motor don't seem alarming to me. Like Nolefan said, you can just see more of your motor since it's vented. This happens in all of them. The regen braking is stopping the cart abruptly and it's sparking where the brushes meet the commutator. I see no issues with this. We need to find out why it's stopping. Check the voltage to the solenoid and let us know what you find.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:23 PM   #23
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

You should never run a DC motor no load. It will go into a run away condition and destroy your brushes or armature or anything else that can be destroyed.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:45 PM   #24
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Do what Nolefan said. See if the controller is telling the solenoid to shut down or if it's actually just dropping out while keeping voltage to the coil. The sparks from the motor don't seem alarming to me. Like Nolefan said, you can just see more of your motor since it's vented. This happens in all of them. The regen braking is stopping the cart abruptly and it's sparking where the brushes meet the commutator. I see no issues with this. We need to find out why it's stopping. Check the voltage to the solenoid and let us know what you find.
Thanks I will check and let you know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:20 AM   #25
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
I watched the video several times and then framed by framed it. I ~believe what you are seeing is the regen brake activating after a full throttle shut down (and you have aftermarket vented plates which show more than a stock), which makes me wonder why or if your main solenoid is falling out. If you have a spare one, I would replace it. If you do not, I would hook my meter up to the 2 small terminals on the solenoid and then as it is running, you should have 48v, but if you loose it and the motor shuts down, then you can check each input to see whats dropping out. (The blue wire or blue/white wire)

If the 48v stays constant then you need to get on the controller side of the main solenoid and do it again to see if you drop a volt/volt and a half as that means the solenoid dropped out. One of those should hopefully identify where you are losing the input/output.
Checked on 2 small terminals on main solenoid got 45.1v and went down to 42.4v before motor shut off and went to 0

Old 07-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #26
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose88 View Post
Checked on 2 small terminals on main solenoid got 45.1v and went down to 42.4v before motor shut off and went to 0

46.5v in pack before testing

Old 07-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #27
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:

This is a huge problem. 46.5 volts in the battery pack is DEAD. This is more than likely your issue.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:45 PM   #28
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Amen. Voltage is not strong enough to hold the solenoid and all the other electronics....
Old 07-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #29
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
This is a huge problem. 46.5 volts in the battery pack is DEAD. This is more than likely your issue.
Ok but it did it with 51v when it started

Old 07-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #30
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Quote:
At 42vdc the solenoid would most likely not stay engaged and dropped out. I would fully charge the pack and retest so you are within proper testing parameters.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car