lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2018, 04:14 AM   #1
mannvel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2014 Precedent F/R switch intermittent

My 2014 stretch percent f/r switch started acting up. I reverse out of my garage (reverse works 100%) but when switching to Forward I don’t hear the “click” from the solenoid so then forward doesn’t work. I hit the pedal nothing happens😩
After switching back and forth a couple of times it suddenly works and all is good.
Is this a sign the solenoid needs replacement or does the f/r switch needs to be replaced?
mannvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2014 Precedent F/R switch intermittent

If reverse works every time then it is not your solenoid as it does not know Fwd from Rev. I would start at the switch and hope it is not in the controller....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you tried to swap the wires on the F/R switch to see if forward works as normal when the switch is in R, and reverse acts up when the switch is in F?

That's a quick and easy way to determine if the switch itself is bad before digging further into diagnosis.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:55 PM   #4
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can actually disassemble the switch easily and bend the contact points to make a more solid contact and fix the issue. I’ve had to do that and it solved the issue. Use a small flat head screw driver or a pic set to carefully pry open the switch box. Then bend. Then reassemble. Easy peasy.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car