lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
ds7662
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Reverse buzzer in both F/R and no go

I have a 2007 DS IQ that was rebuilt from the ground up custom in 2012 with the 4-12V setup. Intermittently when using the rocker switch to place in F or R the buzzer will sound and the cart will not move. The Solenoid does click. If the rocker is moved several times and attempts to move the cart are made it will eventually go. This happens when placing the cart in reverse first and the buzzer then sounds whether in reverse or forward, not in neutral. I have checked the center pin on the rocker switch which is same as battery voltage. In checking the other two pins I get 37-39 volts when the switch is flipped. I have also noticed a slight power loss which I am attributing to the age of the batteries, at 6 years old. I replaced the Solenoid and the speed sensor last year.( Speed sensor was the problem, but have a spare Solenoid now.)
Thanks
ds7662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
ds7662
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Reverse buzzer in both F/R and no go

Got back to it this morning and performed the test TahoeDawg had given to a member back in 2013. With all wires disconnected from the F/R switch I jumped the orange and brown. Cart moves forward with no buzzer.......Opps spoke to soon went back and hooked the brown and orange back to the switch and left the blue dangling. Flipped to forward and buzzer went off. Tried jumping the brown and orange again and cart would not move just got the buzzer. Waited a few put the switch back in place and everything worked like it should, but this is what has been happening with it and I don't want to get stranded somewhere. Any ideas?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:26 PM   #3
ds7662
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

After a few more attempts, it now seems the solenoid is not clicking at least not everytime. Reverse buzzer still sounds in both forward and reverse but not in neutral. I can not get the cart to move at all now. Could it be the solenoid? I just replaced it last year. I need this fixed before next camping trip might have to take it to the closest shop. Wife is on my behind to get it fixed. Anyone with other ideas?
Old 07-10-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
ds7662
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well, cart was picked up. The shop guy thinks it just a battery problem. I will see and update the finding.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:42 AM   #5
ds7662
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well batteries indicated 74 minutes of run time. Not bad for 6 year old batteries I guess. They are working on trouble shooting other things now. Wondering if I should just go ahead and get new batteries?
Old 07-17-2018, 11:52 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

DS, sorry, none of us responded to help you. I do not believe the batteries could cause this issue. It is a connection or controller issue.

I would have liked to jumper out your MCOR just to rule out a MS problem, but that would not cause the reverse buzzer to activate in Fwd.

Does your shop have a spare Curtis controller they can swap out to test? And if they have a scanner, they will be able to troubleshoot it further.

The controller is sounding the buzzer so it may be a failure internally causing it to see (think) Rev when in Fwd since you have already jumperd the switch to prove it is not faulty.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:02 PM   #7
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds7662 View Post
Well batteries indicated 74 minutes of run time. Not bad for 6 year old batteries I guess. They are working on trouble shooting other things now. Wondering if I should just go ahead and get new batteries?
Six years they are on borrowed time. Some folks here are on 8 years.

Upgrade to Lithium is an option for the enthusiast, drop in or DYI.

To get her going for awhile stay FLA with options of 4x12 or 6x8 with tray mods.

Different choices on AHr depending on run time and workload needed.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:09 PM   #8
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nole is right, it may not be a battery problem.
I think he is the 8 yr man.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #9
ds7662
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank you both. The shop that built the cart has it and they are checking it over. They have just been slow as they are backed up this time of year. They do have everything to check it properly. Kustom Karts in VA.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Really sorry we did not respond sooner, I have been traveling and some other things and just did not see your posts....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car