lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #11
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax help

Ok time to go to work I guess i will try again tomorrow
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I dont have a picture of the 400 amp solenoid wired, but the diagram will reflect the wiring to the solenoid as well. You have two large posts and two small posts. Hook wires up to the solenoid as follows:

Large Post - Pink small wire from wire harness AND main power cable from the main positive battery terminal

Other large post - Large wire running to controller as shown in diagram

Small post - light blue wire

Small post - dark blue wire with white stripe

The REGEN diode connects to the two large posts as shown in the diagram

The coil suppression diode (smaller of the two) connects to the two small posts as shown in the diagram.

Make sure to pay close attention to the small stripe on the diodes and orient them towards the correct post of the solenoid.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:20 PM   #13
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok thank you
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #14
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

All,
Hate to beat a dead horse, but I am in the middle of my XCT500 Install on an 2007 IQ Precedent. I am good with most of the wiring on the diagram, but I have a few questions that have me stumped:

1) There is a heavier gauge Black wire with a male spade connector coming off the back of the factory harness by the main harness plug. What does this connect to?
2) The instructions say to cut off the large wire from the "old" cable #1 then reattach the remaining wires to the solenoid. One of those wires connect to the pink wire from the harness but the other cable is yellow and was for the recharge resistor, which apparently I do not need. Can I cut off the yellow cable as well?
Jwc1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:46 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Where are you reading that at - I do not remember it? The only male spades I can think of should have been on your F1/F2 (Blue & Orange) connections at the controller and on your energizing coil activation wires (Blue & Lgt Blue w/White stripe) but they are small wires.

Maybe take a pic as some of the colors you reference are usually the controller side cable or something else. (A pic is worth 1000 words...)

Also, it is always best to start your own thread so we don't mix up previous information....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:22 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwc1621 View Post
All,
Hate to beat a dead horse, but I am in the middle of my XCT500 Install on an 2007 IQ Precedent. I am good with most of the wiring on the diagram, but I have a few questions that have me stumped:

1) There is a heavier gauge Black wire with a male spade connector coming off the back of the factory harness by the main harness plug. What does this connect to?
2) The instructions say to cut off the large wire from the "old" cable #1 then reattach the remaining wires to the solenoid. One of those wires connect to the pink wire from the harness but the other cable is yellow and was for the recharge resistor, which apparently I do not need. Can I cut off the yellow cable as well?
2. Is a reference to installing my cable set where the battery to solenoid cable (aka #1) needs to be cut from the multi crimp connector at the solenoid to be replaced.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #17
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Scotty,
I am clear on the replacement #1 cable and I did buy your 2g cable set. What I need to know is the two remaining cables from the "old #1" factory crimp attach to the pink wire from the harness which needs to attach to the solenoid per the wire diagram. However, the remaining wire connected to the pre charge resistor. I am under the impression from the diagram that this is not needed with the 500 amp Alltrax and the HD Solenoid on an IQ Precedent. Is this correct? I have also attached a picture of the remaining black cable that I have not a clue where to attach it. I am assuming this is to ground the factory wire harness. If so where should it attach? Thank you for the help everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg alltrax.jpeg (75.1 KB, 0 views)
Jwc1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #18
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

When I installed mine I put that black wire on the controller lug with the pack negative.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car