lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #11
golfbag1999
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Battery Issue, cont.

Excuse the formatting on the test numbers, this program re-formatted when I posted. Sorry
golfbag1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2018, 06:32 PM   #12
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your batteries are marginal. They are not toast but it doesn't surprise me that you only get 18 holes (and marginal at that with another person and clubs). In fact, they are pretty well balanced.

This chart shows you Scotty's "State of Charge Table" (i.e. Scotty from Carts Unlimited - site sponsor). As you can see your batteries are only ever getting to about 85-90% after a charge and your load voltage is getting dangerously close to the 42V minimum.

I can tell you (because we did it with a mate's cart) that if you had a float charger of the type shown in the picture it would help to bring the batteries back, at least so that you get to the 18th without struggling. You do a full charge with your CC charger and then hook up the float charger and keep it on until you next use the cart.

Otherwise, your only real solution is to change the batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg State of Charge Table.jpg (84.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Save a Battery mid.jpg (177.3 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:22 PM   #13
golfbag1999
Not Yet Wild

So....I can get a set of trojan 890 for $875 or a set of trojan rangers for just under a grand. Will I notice a significant improvement in run time with either of these batteries?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
golfbag1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:45 AM   #14
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm not up with the prices in the US but either battery would be excellent. The Trojan literature states that the Ranger has 35% more runtime than a T875 which means that it should have 31% more runtime than a T890 (based on the T875 having 170 Amp Hrs and the T890 having 190 Amp Hrs at the 20 Hr rate).

So that means that if you are prepared to pay the extra you are getting 31% more runtime for only 14% more dollars.

They are 3/4" taller but that should still fit under the seat I think, but you'd better check.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car