lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2018, 06:02 AM   #1
mpr3369
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Resistor to solid state?

Just a few questions from a novice. What all is required to convert a resistor cart to a solid state cart? Does this eliminate the v-glide and everything? If I wanted to eventually go to a lithium battery set would it be more beneficial to skip the solid state and go straight to lithium? What would be needed in that case?
mpr3369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2018, 06:08 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Resistor to solid state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpr3369 View Post
Just a few questions from a novice. What all is required to convert a resistor cart to a solid state cart? Does this eliminate the v-glide and everything? If I wanted to eventually go to a lithium battery set would it be more beneficial to skip the solid state and go straight to lithium? What would be needed in that case?

You can get a kit from cartsunlimited.net. You will eliminate the V-glide, and all the old resistors. You will need a good controller setup before you can go to lithium, so a nice Alltrax controller is a great way to start.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:33 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The new Alltrax is compatible with the lithium conversions.
I suggest the SR48500 control and MZJ 400 solenoid.
The conversion kit does eliminate every electric component in the resistor drive system including the Vglide.
This link here will answer some of your questions.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/why-co...-drive---.html

I received this email today:

I am writing to tell you how pleased I am with the C42 conversion for my Club Car. The installation took about 5 hours including a trip to the store for the metal support. In the three weeks since the install the cart now runs over a week on a charge compared to two to three days with the resistor coils. Operation is very smooth and I also installed the new reverse switch to use the half speed reverse and buzzer. An additional unmentioned benefit is that the conversion makes the ignition switch a true 36 volt switch which I used to power a 36 volt relay to control power to the 12v lights with the key. Thank you for a great product. J Williams
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #4
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make the leap. It's worth it. Don't forget the HD F/R switch and 2ga cables while you are at it. ScottyB won't steer you wrong.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:52 PM   #5
mpr3369
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So if I switch over to solid state can I keep it at 36v for now because my batteries are less than a year old. Then when it's time for new batteries go to 48v without changing the controller again?
Old 09-06-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
mpr3369
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just to let ya know it's a 2001 club car ds 36v resistor cart.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:59 PM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpr3369 View Post
So if I switch over to solid state can I keep it at 36v for now because my batteries are less than a year old. Then when it's time for new batteries go to 48v without changing the controller again?

Definitely. And you’ll get another performance boost when you get batteries.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:44 AM   #8
Dlab
Gone Wild

I’ve done this with the help of Scotty B so I’ll vouche for his kit and customer service to get it right. I don’t post much because I haven’t had any issues with the parts he provided 2 years ago.

My stock resistor cart ran 10-12mph and wouldn’t climb a hill or pull a load...........

Solid state conversion with the SR48500, homemade 2 gauge cables,AMD BEAST Torque Motor, Scotty’s reversing contactor......no issues and runs 20mph+, hills are no issues either.

Click on the link to his site and make the switch. PERIOD.
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:24 AM   #9
mpr3369
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the insight. When the time is right I'll definitely be changing it all out with the stuff scotty recommended.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car