lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #1
vikingsfan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default recommendation for LED light kit for 2008.5+ 48V

I have a 2011 Club Car Precedent (48V PQ).

I have a cheap reducer installed to provide power to a bluetooth adapter fed into my EnviroAudio stereo, which I like very much. EnviroAudo was a site sponsor when I purchased it, but seems to be long gone.

I am installing a TecScan VOLTSeasy Reducer and a 6-way fuse block with a negative bus. I plan to install a 12V power outlet, USB Ports, and LEDGlow Golf Cart Underbody lights to the fuse block (unless someone strongly recommends a different underbody light solution).

I have decided to replace my current headlights and tailights with LED. I don't see a reducer currently involved, so I believe the original installation was running off 16V from the final 2 batteries.

I don't need street legal functionality, but it would be fine with me if the tailights functioned as brake lights.

For a similar price, I found full LED light kits from Pro-Fit "PF11688" and from Rhox "LGT-306LB" which seem to have plug and play reducers in the kit. A replacement light from MadJax would be at much greater cost, even if I hooked it up to my fuse block.

Any experience with the LED light kits from Pro-Fit or Rhox, or recommendations for me?

After years or lurking, I wish to express my many thanks to you that provide such useful information!
vikingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
Luke Rozier
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: recommendation for LED light kit for 2008.5+ 48V

I just put the RecPro LED light kit on my '07 precedent and I am very pleased with it. Got it for $85 off ebay. It does not come with break light functionality, although you can buy the upgrade kit if you'd like. My '07 is prewired to run off a single 12v battery, but I plan to buy the VOLT-2003 plug-n-play reducer in the future when I add other accessories. I think that's the same reducer for the '08.5 & up precedents that you could utilize.
Luke Rozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #3
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Rozier View Post
I just put the RecPro LED light kit on my '07 precedent and I am very pleased with it. Got it for $85 off ebay. It does not come with break light functionality, although you can buy the upgrade kit if you'd like. My '07 is prewired to run off a single 12v battery, but I plan to buy the VOLT-2003 plug-n-play reducer in the future when I add other accessories. I think that's the same reducer for the '08.5 & up precedents that you could utilize.
I did the same thing last year on my 2008 precedent. David from Revolution golf carts fixed me up with the plug in 30 amp reducer and the plug in led headlight. I still have brake lights. Then I went to scotty who is a site sponsor for the fuse block and ground bar kit that he has on his site. I ordered my led under body lights from led glow. then a motor cycle led kit from the same led glow for my wheels. I dont know how to post pictures or I could show how I did the wheels. David from revolution sent me a 6inch lift with 12inch wheels. if you pm me a number I do know how to text a picture.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #4
vikingsfan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Jim, did you remove the wheels when you installed those lights, or were you able to keep them on?
vikingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #5
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the RedHawk Led light kit and have been very happy with it. What I like most is the wiring matches the Club Car factory wiring from what I can tell. I haven't found anywhere that it hasn't.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsfan View Post
Jim, did you remove the wheels when you installed those lights, or were you able to keep them on?
with the 6inch lift you can do all the work with wheels on. with the bracket I made for the led on the wheels the wheels have to come off. if your on facebook I think the kids put pictures of my cart on there.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:24 PM   #7
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim,s View Post
...snip... I dont know how to post pictures or I could show how I did the wheels...snip...
When you are posting you will see a paperclip on the top line. Click on the paperclip and a dialogue box pops up. Press Browse and you can find your picture. Then press the Upload button after which you can close that window (either with the X or scroll down to the Close Window button).

If you use the Preview Post button before you Submit Reply, you will see the pictures before you post.

It is best to make your pictures smaller with your graphics software first otherwise they might be too big to post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Post pictures 1.jpg (299.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Post pictures 2.jpg (332.8 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car