lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2018, 11:05 PM   #1
cumminsCJ
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2001 DS Alltrax XCT controller questions

So I purchased the controller and it came preprogrammed for my cart but didn't work out of the box. My particular year uses an mcor with pedal switch and the key switch is run through the pedal switch. So I disabled the high pedal check box and now it will run.

So the rub seems to be that the reverse buzzer won't sound until the pedal is pressed and the controller sees key voltage. Since this isy daughters primary transportation to school if there is a way to get it to sound when switched into reverse that is ideal. The controller is registering the switch to reverse with the key off, it just isn't sounding the buzzer. Any suggestions?
cumminsCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2018, 05:49 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 DS Alltrax XCT controller questions

It sounds like You have a Regen II cart, in that model the OBC provided the 48v power to the cart and the key switch only provided power to the MCOR micro-switch.

Did You get an Alltrax XCT IQ model and changed the connectors in your cart or did You get an XCT PD PLUS model??

The Alltrax PD PLUS version integration does not seem very robust, they don't have a dedicated KSI pin and depend on the pedal to activate the controller.

They should have allowed for a separate KSI power and pedal like all the other Sepex models.

If that is the case it seems like the only solution is to re-wire the reverse buzzer so it is directly activated by the FNR toggle switch.

You should in this case also change the FNR power (middle terminal) so it comes from the Key Switch instead of the OBC so the reverse buzzer would only play if the Key Switch is ON and the FNR in reverse.

The steps would be:
Buzzer Red wire to FNR Blue wire (reverse).
Buzzer Orange wire to a negative source.
FNR Red/White wire (48v power) to Key Switch Blue wire (cold side).

This should match your OEM wiring:

Edit:
Check if your FNR rocker switch has an unused set of contacts as some models had a DPDT switch.
If it does you can use them to power the reverse buzzer.

Last edited by Sergio; 10-04-2018 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: DPDT Comment
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
cumminsCJ
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It is the PD Plus controller.

I am trying to think of the drawbacks of bypassing the microswitch on the MCOR and having the key control both the KSI and the Pedal Switch input. That way the buzzer would work, but I guess if the resistance got off on the MCOR the controller could be active when sitting still and trying to slightly energize the motor, which would not be a good thing. All well. Will probably just live with it.

At this point I am just waiting for Alltrax to verify the field map. It says it for an IQ motor which of course I don't have. Maps could be the same. Just want to be safe.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:00 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would not change the activation from pedal to Key switch.

The XCT determines the "0" throttle as the value when the pedal switch closes, this is also when it runs its HPD and Pre-Charge tests, so You should keep the pedal micro-switch as the activating switch.

It is unfortunately they did such a poor Job on this version, they could have kept a separate pin for the Key switch and required one more small modification to make it work safely and more efficiently.

The same wire they made you add to power the Solenoid positive side from the key switch should have also powered a "KSI" pin on the Controller.

Check Your FNR, if it has a second set of Contacts just use them to power the reverse buzzer, otherwise you can pig back on the reverse wire going to the Controller as I indicated on the previous post.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:33 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I forwarded this thread on to Ron Mann at Alltrax and asked him to look it over and if he felt it was plausible to please share it with his Engineering Team for review.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #6
cumminsCJ
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
I forwarded this thread on to Ron Mann at Alltrax and asked him to look it over and if he felt it was plausible to please share it with his Engineering Team for review.
It would definitely be nice. I understand as well that it only affects 2 or 3 years of this specific cart so may not be worth the extra investment.

On a positive note the field map is correct so I should be able to test run the cart tonight. Thanks for all the help from you as well as Sergio!
Old 10-04-2018, 03:22 PM   #7
Alltrax Tech
Not Yet Wild

We designed the PD Plus controller to mimic the stock version so wiring changes would not have to be made. We found that with the DCX controllers customers were having a difficult time rewiring the cart as per our instructions to give the controller a dedicated key-switch signal. It is possible to wire in a dedicated key-switch signal to the XCT controller. PIN 6 in the connector is the key-switch input to the controller and has a yellow wire that runs to the OBC. You can run a wire from the key-switch and splice into that yellow wire. You would then need to put a 10k resistor in line with the yellow wire running out to the OBC and splice that into the connection as well so the OBC gets it's power when the key-switch is turned on.
Alltrax Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #8
cumminsCJ
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltrax Tech View Post
We designed the PD Plus controller to mimic the stock version so wiring changes would not have to be made. We found that with the DCX controllers customers were having a difficult time rewiring the cart as per our instructions to give the controller a dedicated key-switch signal. It is possible to wire in a dedicated key-switch signal to the XCT controller. PIN 6 in the connector is the key-switch input to the controller and has a yellow wire that runs to the OBC. You can run a wire from the key-switch and splice into that yellow wire. You would then need to put a 10k resistor in line with the yellow wire running out to the OBC and splice that into the connection as well so the OBC gets it's power when the key-switch is turned on.
I would assume I am trying to hit a specific voltage to the OBC and that is what the resistor is for. Can you tell me offhand what that voltage is?
Old 10-04-2018, 05:07 PM   #9
Alltrax Tech
Not Yet Wild

I'm not sure exactly what that value is I just know that the OBC doesn't like a lot of current and that would be the reason for the resistor.
Alltrax Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltrax Tech View Post
Thanks for responding to our email query. Great Customer Service!!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car