lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2018, 08:20 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Another charging question - ERIC

Definitely send them the log, the data does not look right, You are returning on average less than a 3AH rate everytime you charge.

It looks like there is at least one bad battery that is raising the voltage during charge but not allowing enough current to actually charge the entire pack.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #12
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Sergio.

Is there a good way for me to check the batteries - or do i just need to have them load tested individually?

I know in the past I have checked the voltage individually and they were always within .1 of a volt of each other. I'll check again tonight.
brett92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #13
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

How do you get the idat software, and what is the proceeduer to go thru to use it?

I looked on their website, and it says something about getting a zip file from your oem distributor?/
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:00 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
How do you get the idat software, and what is the proceeduer to go thru to use it?

I looked on their website, and it says something about getting a zip file from your oem distributor?/
Here You go:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1533977
Old 10-08-2018, 09:17 AM   #15
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thank you Sergio
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett92 View Post
Thanks Sergio.

Is there a good way for me to check the batteries - or do i just need to have them load tested individually?

I know in the past I have checked the voltage individually and they were always within .1 of a volt of each other. I'll check again tonight.
The best thing to do is to measure each individual battery when the charging voltage first gets above 60v.

That will show you how the total voltage is being distributed to the batteries, I suspect one of them is going to be a lot higher than the others.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:39 AM   #17
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Good news - On the charge cycle last night it only ran about 2-3 hours and shut off when completed!

Not sure if the previous night's charge was some kind of a calibration/learning cycle or just a fluke. Will keep an eye on it for the next few days, but for now this seems very promising.

BTW, I checked the batteries individually before and after. They're all reading the same exact voltage.
brett92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 08:07 PM   #18
buckmeister2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I believe I have found the answer, but cannot yet delete the post. My top light is yellow, not green, but the sequence appears to be the same. When flashing stops on both the bottom half and the top half of the top (yellow) light, the charge is full, correct?

I have a '16 Precedent with the ERIC charger. I bought the cart used, so have no manual for the charger. It has a blue light and yellow light. When the charge is completed what lights will be on, and will there be flashing?

Have a charge status gauge, needle indicator, and it never changes...always in the white. I am going to install a digital gauge. In the meantime, I need to know what the lights on the charger mean. Thanks to all.
buckmeister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:34 AM   #19
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Flashing Yellow means the charger has an error. On the Club Car ERIC charger you need to download the charge info from the charger to a USB stick and use the Delta-Q IDat software to view the error or fault in the charge history.
Delta-Q has the error definitions in their support page of their website. https://support.delta-q.com/hc/en-us...nd-Error-Codes

If charging is completed properly both middle lights will be on solid green.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car