lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2018, 07:27 AM   #11
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2012 Precedent "PH" Soleniod Clicks but Not Moving

I would also recommend a close inspection of your wires and wire connections, at the least. If the cart was indeed flooded to any level where wire/connections are, you more than likely have some corrosion in these areas. Especially since you mentioned some issues of getting readings sometimes and other times not.

Replacing them would insure getting rid of any potential problems, ongoing "gremlins" in the future...
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2018, 07:58 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is tough to do long distance troubleshooting since we have to go by our interpretation of the information given.

However, it is important to take in consideration all of the information given and how a proposed "cause/solution" fits those symptoms.

The Controller Armature driver is a half-bridge driver and the current flows through the motor armature exactly the same way regardless if the cart is in Forward or Reverse.

Since he is experiencing different symptoms depending the direction, there must be something else happening.

The field driver in the controller is full-bridge and it reverses the current using two separate sets of FET when you change direction.

Without the field coil being excited, the motor cannot develop any torque and it will not move on its own.

Since we drive mostly in Forward, the Field coil retains some residual magnetism in that polarity and you can have a very weak PM motor that goes forward.

The hard lock in the reverse position can be caused by excessive current in the Field coil depending how the Full-bridge is damaged.

How would bad brush cause a Sepex motor to behave different in Forward and Reverse?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:41 AM   #13
ahoys66
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I went out last night and messed with it a little bit after work last night and with the FNR Switch in Reverse (buzzer going off) and Depressing the GO Pedal I could get the motor to turn the wheels FORWARD a 3 out of 5 times with me starting the rotation by hand. If i try to turn the wheels in REVERSE it is always like the Brakes are on and hard to turn backwards. 2 out of 5 times the rear wheels were hard to turn by hand both FWD and REVERSE and the Motor never kicked in.

In reply to other responses there is NO Corrosion on the CART and it still looks brand new. The wire connections are all clean and tight. The MOTOR Continuity Tests Were "Good".

Thanks for all your help to help me narrow the issues down.

Since i keep getting different results, I am just going top bite the bullet and buy a new controller since I would like to upgrade anyway. Not sure if i should go with the ALLTRAX 300A and save some money incase the MOTOR also needs replaced, or go with the package Deal for a 400a or 500a with the Soleniod and Cable Upgrades and have the capacity for MOTOR upgrade in the Future if needed. I will be using it here in Florida on mostly Flat Ground and campground use
ahoys66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #14
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

One quick thought. When you turn the tire are you having someone apply the throttle. It might be the rollaway braking causing the wheel resistance. One more thought. If the brushes were OK it would be like applying power to a stalled motor. Momentary max power until the safety circuit kicked in.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:26 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
One quick thought. When you turn the tire are you having someone apply the throttle. It might be the rollaway braking causing the wheel resistance. One more thought. If the brushes were OK it would be like applying power to a stalled motor. Momentary max power until the safety circuit kicked in.
Very good point.... Never even thought that might be occurring.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do You guys know how the rollaway brake work?
Old 10-16-2018, 02:36 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You having a bad day today or just no coffee this morning....
Old 10-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #18
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And information is broad and bright. Lots of sharing of experiences get us out some deep dark places....
Old 10-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

...lots of corporate crap, but mainly I was using my phone...

and ahoys66 had already replied with the Information that was asked in the post right before:

Quote:
FNR Switch in Reverse (buzzer going off) and Depressing the GO Pedal I could get the motor to turn the wheels FORWARD
carry on...
Old 10-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #20
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Lol! I missed the Go Pedal part too. And I do know the frantic feeling Sergio. We are in Budget meetings and looking to make substantial cuts to make the 12/31 deadline so I share in the joy of corporate bureaucracy....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car