lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
n0stawttam
Not Yet Wild

Default Big mistake with wiring light package? Please help!

So as I was trying to install the switch for the lights from the club car precedent Madjax lift kit light setup, I was taking the plugs out of the back of the switch to get it to go through the dash, and 1 of the plugs did not pull out correctly, pulling just the wire and not the connection itself.

Based on their videos online, which are outdated, the switch is totally different than the video. I'm hoping the yellow wire I pulled out of this switch is the 1 I will not re-use when I re-wire it with the ultimate light package for the turn signal. The brown cord (see picture) states it is the light power, but have not used a voltage meter to confirm. If the brown is indeed the power switch, then I'd only be using that one and the 2 wires off the ultimate light kit, correct? I will be switching to a push pull light knob instead of the rocker switch anyways as this 1 was broken out of the package as well. (did not move side to side when pressed)

PLEASE HELP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181125_201211.jpg (197.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181125_205149.jpg (193.0 KB, 0 views)
n0stawttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
JustinB.Nivel
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Big mistake with wiring light package? Please help!

When you install the turn signal kit, you will tie off the yellow and the black wires on the existing rocker switch and only use the brown wire.
JustinB.Nivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
n0stawttam
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinB.Nivel View Post
When you install the turn signal kit, you will tie off the yellow and the black wires on the existing rocker switch and only use the brown wire.
OK great thank you. Is it worth switching to the push pull instead of rocker switch? When I plug in the 2 wires from the turn signal, will I plug them into the sides where the black and yellow were? or the middle hole where the brown one was?
Old 11-26-2018, 10:29 AM   #4
JustinB.Nivel
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

The turn signal kit will come with a new rocker switch for your hazards. The brown wire will connect to a purple wire on the turn signal harness so you can turn your lights on with the indicator. Changing to a push pull is just a matter of personal preference.
JustinB.Nivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #5
n0stawttam
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinB.Nivel View Post
The turn signal kit will come with a new rocker switch for your hazards. The brown wire will connect to a purple wire on the turn signal harness so you can turn your lights on with the indicator. Changing to a push pull is just a matter of personal preference.

OK Perfect. What about the other 2 yellow wires that come off the upgrade kit? I know I install those onto the rocker switch as well.... but what holes? the outside 2 or the middle 1 where the brown was now that it's plugged into the purple wire from the kit?

Also, the ultimate light kit comes with a new rocker switch? If so, I will not order that part. I didn't see it in the preview picture on the madjax site.

thanks for all your help!
Old 11-26-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You never pull the wire to get the terminal loose. Pull on the terminal and wiggle side to side slightly as you pull. Otherwise the wire just rips out of the terminal.

Also looks like the contact pulled out of the switch with the terminal. That switch is toast. Can't help on the wire question, but I would NOT use whatever switch they send you.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Right you are fairtax. That's why I have started taking the stupid plastic off mine then crimping and heat shrinking.

Even that would not have helped with that contact coming out.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift kit, light, lighting, madjax
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car