lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
kvl1027
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Largest Wheel size on standard height precedent.

I tried running a search on the forum, but couldn't find any clear answers. What is the largest wheel/tire combination you can fit on a CC Precedent @ standard height?

I have no need to lift my cart as I am going to mostly be using it to play golf and cruise streets around my neighborhood. I may consider going with a 3" lift in the future, but right now I want to keep it low.
kvl1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Largest Wheel size on standard height precedent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvl1027 View Post
I tried running a search on the forum, but couldn't find any clear answers. What is the largest wheel/tire combination you can fit on a CC Precedent @ standard height?

I have no need to lift my cart as I am going to mostly be using it to play golf and cruise streets around my neighborhood. I may consider going with a 3" lift in the future, but right now I want to keep it low.
There are a few 12" wheels you can use without any modification. I installed 10" on mine as I still wanted to keep the ride quality less bumpy. A 12" wheel has a very small sidewall so it's a stiffer/bumpier ride. Here are my 10" wheels.

golf cart.jpg
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
Plasterface
Not Yet Wild

Probabl 12 inch wheels with low profile tires taht would keep tghe actual tire size the same height as stock, that what I have in mine. Not as much clearance in the Precedents compared to the DS carts. Also probably need 0 offset otherwise will stick out of wheel well which might require a lift.
Plasterface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
hanny
Getting Wild

if you are gonna go with 12's the ride quality will be poor compared to 10's. You will have to have a pretty short tire and those low profiles ride ruff.

I have 20.5's on 10 inch rims and they hit just barely wheel fully cranked. but man the ride is soooooooo nice because the sidewall is tall. The tires are a huge part of the "suspension" really. Short side wall ruff ride, tall sidewall smooth ride
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
Plasterface
Not Yet Wild

Not only is the ride stiffe but you really have to be careful on low profiles when you fo over small curbs as you can scuff your rims much more easily.

I have 12's on my DS cart with low profile tires and I also have heavy duty leaf springs, talk about a stiff ride. Use it on the golf course and around neighborhood. I really do not mind the stiffness.

I have a stock Precedent with 10's and that cart is smooth, but if I decided to use that cart I would get 12's for it, just like the looks so much more that I am willing to sacrifice.
Plasterface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:23 PM   #6
Two Aces
Not Yet Wild

Does this mean that you have two golf carts?
Two Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:54 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Aces View Post
Does this mean that you have two golf carts?
Plasterface hasn't been on since 2013.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car