lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2022, 08:03 AM   #21
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller won't move

Programming Station yes.

Curtis's software is different.

I hope that is what your asking.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2022, 08:09 AM   #22
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Programming Station yes.

Curtis's software is different.

I hope that is what your asking.
That may be my problem then. I'm using the same software as the DC stuff. Can you point to the correct software?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:14 AM   #23
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The software I'm talking about is the controllers. You should be able to see both the programming's just what you can do to one is different. You can do a lot more to a RXV controller compared to a TXT controller.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:15 AM   #24
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Check the colors on the wires going into your diag plug and see if they match the ones in the attached pic. You could replace the port with the end of an ATX extension cable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5D6BA04F-93D0-4283-9676-D6A41C30EC1D.jpg (244.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BDC37518-4E8A-4F99-81F1-80AF64E56EA0.jpg (230.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BEDF3773-6515-4F65-8CDE-EF477B581C3F.jpg (178.1 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:43 AM   #25
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh ok, so my software on my computer is adequate enough to do what I need if I can get it to connect? That's what I was asking. I thought I had pic of the wires on my phone, but my hand is covering the wires. It's the same pic I posted earlier in this thread of the corroded connector.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:58 AM   #26
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I do have those same wire colors. The pins are much better than they were as far as corrosion is concerned, but still not great. I have ohm the wires on my EZGO adapter to make sure it's good, and it is. Where can I find that ATX extension plug with those same wire colors? Any other trick to cleaning those pins other than contact cleaner? Dielectric grease would help would it?

Old 06-29-2022, 12:24 PM   #27
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well the picture I showed you is the adapter that allows you to use the freedom dongle with the new style square molex port. You could buy one of those and splice it in. Or just buy an ATX extension from Amazon and don’t worry about the colors except to make sure they match. Part number for the adapter is 647220. Another option would be to get the diagnostic port extension that ezgo uses with the 48txt carts. It is basically just an ATX extension to get the cable outside of the controller cover. Don’t know that part number
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:33 PM   #28
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you splice them in solder the wires and use heat shrink tubing to seal things up.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:07 PM   #29
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Well the picture I showed you is the adapter that allows you to use the freedom dongle with the new style square molex port. You could buy one of those and splice it in. Or just buy an ATX extension from Amazon and don’t worry about the colors except to make sure they match. Part number for the adapter is 647220. Another option would be to get the diagnostic port extension that ezgo uses with the 48txt carts. It is basically just an ATX extension to get the cable outside of the controller cover. Don’t know that part number
Thanks for your help! I'm gonna confirm that I have a good that the connections are good from the controller to the computer, and after that it would be safe to say that the controller would be bad as why it won't connect. Would you agree?

Old 06-29-2022, 06:31 PM   #30
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I might say that most of the bad RXV controllers I get I still can get into the logic on the controller. They might not put out 5v, or give out any negative to solenoid but like I said most of the time I can get into the logic part of the controller. Now saying that, that controller might be shot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO