lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #21
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1993 Melex Cart differential problem

yeah, i could strip them out for cheaper shipping, will charge you 20 bucks to pull gears out!! sound fair to you?? to ship whole rearend will be pricey as size and weight become a factor... lmk what you want to do...
gatormeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #22
danman12
Not Yet Wild

Is this rear end from a 1993 Melex or is it from another model and year? Is it in good shape? I'd love to see a picture of it. The pic can be sent to dgreen12@mac.com. I SO appreciate your efforts but, of course, I need to know and see what I am buying. Been burned before..... I like the idea of getting the entire rear end. Who can I talk to in order to get the weight and shipping info. I need to know the shipping cost to identify if I can come up with the money. Money is tight....
danman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #23
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i can send you a pic of my rear end, looks identical to other one, will try to get a guestimate on the weight and see if we can figure out a price on shipping, i am guessing that ups or fed ex would be the easiest and cheapest.. will go take a pic and send it to you, remember, this will be mine, not the actual one, but they are identical!! lemme go take one, will send shortly!!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #24
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

sending pics talked to the guy, he said it is prob between 100 and 125 lbs??? just guessing though, wont know till it is pulled off and weighed by itself, also he said it would prob have to be shipped by freight rather than ups.... may just want to take gears out?? just a thought, but lmk kenneth
Old 08-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #25
danman12
Not Yet Wild

Kenneth,
I appreciate your offer to take a picture of your rear end but I am not gay. But thanks! What kind of web site is this????

Just kidding Don't mind me. It's been a long, crazy week......

A picture would be great (of the GOLF CART rear end). If I get the city/state that you are shipping from and the weight of the rear end, I'm sure we can get an estimate. Is there any return policy if something is wrong?

Dan
Old 08-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #26
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

pics sent!!! and most would love to have a pic of mine!!!! lmao.... city and state are pine mtn ga 31822.....lmk i fyou get pics, tried to get a pic of the numbers for you as well, kinda hard to see as it is tight underneath the cart
Old 08-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #27
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

as far as the return policy, i kinda doubt it as it is coming off an "junked" cart... i can take back cover off and inspect gears prior to paying for it i am sure, and if it is junk, then would not purchase of course, but i just bought the motor off of it two days ago, and it runs flawlessly, so i woul dbelieve the rearend is good as well!! jmo though
Old 08-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #28
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

going outside to finish the box for the back of mine, call me on the numbers in email if you would like to talk, kenneth
Old 09-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #29
danman12
Not Yet Wild

Kenneth, I opened the differential case on my rear end and the cracked off piece of ring gear was sitting on the bottom of the case. I'll take a picture and show you tomorrow. One question. After I opened the differential case (removed 14 bolts), and drained the oil, i removed the two clamps that each had two bolts in them apiece. So now inside, I see the main gear that has four bolts in it. Do I need to remove these bolts in order to get inside to replace the ring gear? If so, would this require that I remove the rear end axle from the cart in order to fully get access to the original ring gear to remove it and put the new one in?

I tried to turn one of the 4 bolts that go into the main gear and with all the muscle I have, I can't even move it a centimeter.

I'm assuming I need to remove the axle as I am having a hard time picturing how I would remove the motor connection to the differential without removing the entire rear axle. Your advice would be appreciated. I am still trying to identify shipping cost before I make this deal with you. Your patience is appreciated. You have to picture my situation where I will pay $300 so that one tiny part (ring gear) can be used. And that doesn't include shipping or installation costs.

Dan
Dan
I'm going to try to do this myself to save money.

Dan
Old 09-02-2008, 06:03 AM   #30
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i hear y aman, all about saving some $$$$.. yes those bolts will need to come off, if you put a wrench, boxed end on it, take a hammer and hit it, the shock from the hit will loosen them, trust me i had same issue, when i bowed up on it, the wheels would turn!! sounds to me like you have a pretty good grasp on it, if you just want the gears, will be much cheaper to ship it, if you decide later that you might want whole thing, let me know, i have no use for it, so will prob be here for a while if you do not want it shipped right now.. give me a call and let me know, i am off for next two days, so i can get up there and pull it for you!! if man will front it to me, he may seeing as i have bought quite a bit of stuff from him in past month!!! keep me posted, kenneth
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex