lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2020, 10:11 PM   #1
kaimukiguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Curtis 1313 Handheld and Passkeys

Aloha from Hawaii,
I just bought a dealer handset from FSIP (I service carts) but can't seem to find the menu for speed parameters in the parameter menu. Do I need to buy passkeys or doesn't the handheld allow me to do that without further files like thought?
kaimukiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2020, 04:39 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Curtis 1313 Handheld and Passkeys

Your going to need a Passkey first. The Passkey will get you around 17.5mph and then with a handset you can bump the 17.5 up to 19.5mph. You should have gotten a OEM level Curtis handheld not a Dealer level. And FSIP will not sale you a OEM level.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 07:44 AM   #3
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got my OEM Level Programmer(1313-4331) from here.

https://www.nocoev.com/product/1313-4331.htm#gsc.tab=0

Im not sure what a passkey is but i am able to set the controllers to 4 different modes, once you do that you can go in and adjust the max speed/rpms.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:42 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That's just it, the PTV 19.5 mph mode is "mode 5". And programming ezgos with the handset is quite different than a clubcar. None of the curtis handsets can "enable freedom mode 5" if it's currently disabled. That's where "passkey" comes into play. Passkey is the ezgo equivalent of the clubcars "3 speed codes".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:53 PM   #5
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That's just it, the PTV 19.5 mph mode is "mode 5". And programming ezgos with the handset is quite different than a clubcar. None of the curtis handsets can "enable freedom mode 5" if it's currently disabled. That's where "passkey" comes into play. Passkey is the ezgo equivalent of the clubcars "3 speed codes".
Gotcha!

Im sure it was just a typo but on Club Cars 1-3 can be changed via a OEM Programmer. I think when you said "Passkey is the ezgo equivalent of the clubcars "3 speed codes"." you meant to say 4 Speed code because that the one that requires the A B C codes to activate.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
Gotcha!

Im sure it was just a typo but on Club Cars 1-3 can be changed via a OEM Programmer. I think when you said "Passkey is the ezgo equivalent of the clubcars "3 speed codes"." you meant to say 4 Speed code because that the one that requires the A B C codes to activate.

Wayne
Yes, A, B, C codes. That's exactly what I was talking about. Except on ezgo, you plug in Passkey to diag port, turn key on, wait for 2 beeps, turn key off, remove passkey (which only works 20 times, then its dead), handheld programmer now has access to set & adjust "Freedom" PTV mode 5.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:35 PM   #7
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Still attempting to find a method to reset a passkey (not sure how it counts the 20 activations) but have been unsuccessful so far. When I do find a method I'll be sure to pass it on.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:09 AM   #8
Rhino-Cart
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
Still attempting to find a method to reset a passkey (not sure how it counts the 20 activations) but have been unsuccessful so far. When I do find a method I'll be sure to pass it on.
I just bought a 1313 Curtis Controller Programmer Handheld to adjust the settings on my 2021 Evolution. I’m curious if you have any insight after having yours for awhile what settings to adjust for speed, acceleration, braking, etc.
Rhino-Cart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
curtis, handheld, programming
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO