lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2022, 01:17 PM   #1
Rhino-Cart
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re-Programming a 2021 Evolution Forester 4

I’ve had my 2021 Evolution Forester 4 Plus for about a year. I always hated the slow start safety function and the top speed was good but not great. So I went to the dealer and he removed the slow start and turned the top speed up to basically max. Nice for awhile but not for every day driving. SO in order to have more flexibility with my settings, I purchased this on Amazon - PANGOLIN 1313-4431 1311-4401 1313-4331 Full Function Handheld Programmer Upgraded Full Programming Fit for Curtis Handheld Programmer Electric Forklift Control Programmer Parts.

My question for ANYONE is, is the handheld programmer just plug and play or do I need any additional software? I get that if I was using a PC to do this then I would but having the handheld controller bypasses all that correct?

Thanks in advance!
Rhino-Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2022, 01:57 PM   #2
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Re-Programming a 2021 Evolution Forester 4

You can do the programming with the handheld programmer. To connect to the software and use the pc program you do not use the handheld controller you would need the curtis 1309usb cable and the pc software. You should be able to do most functions with the handheld. If you find you don’t like the handheld or would just rather do it on a laptop, I have the usb cables and I’m sure it’s a little cheaper than buying a handheld…

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=182745

Send me pm if you have any more questions.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 02:18 PM   #3
Rhino-Cart
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
You can do the programming with the handheld programmer. To connect to the software and use the pc program you do not use the handheld controller you would need the curtis 1309usb cable and the pc software. You should be able to do most functions with the handheld. If you find you don’t like the handheld or would just rather do it on a laptop, I have the usb cables and I’m sure it’s a little cheaper than buying a handheld…

Send me pm if you have any more questions.
That’s great to know! Problem is I’m a Mac user. So I’d have to get a cheap PC laptop, your cable and what about the program? Where does that exist and what does it cost? Any idea what functions the laptop route can do that the handheld cannot?
Old 04-07-2022, 03:10 PM   #4
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino-Cart View Post
That’s great to know! Problem is I’m a Mac user. So I’d have to get a cheap PC laptop, your cable and what about the program? Where does that exist and what does it cost? Any idea what functions the laptop route can do that the handheld cannot?
It depends the level of access programmer you buy vs what access level of software. There are different versions/access levels depending on model purchased.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:28 AM   #5
Rhino-Cart
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
It depends the level of access programmer you buy vs what access level of software. There are different versions/access levels depending on model purchased.
Copy that. Any idea what level this one will give me? Amazon - PANGOLIN 1313-4431 1311-4401 1313-4331 Full Function Handheld Programmer Upgraded Full Programming Fit for Curtis Handheld Programmer Electric Forklift Control Programmer Parts.
Old 06-05-2023, 08:04 AM   #6
rayriggs
Not Yet Wild

1313-4431 give you OEM access. It is the highest level.
rayriggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1313-4431, controller, curtis, handheld
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts