lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2022, 04:43 PM   #1
asoffera
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1998 Club Car DS 36v

I have 1998 Club Car DS 36v and I replaced the V Glide and solenoid. After putting everything back together, I pressed the accelerator and it immediately fried the micro switch mounted behind the Forward/Reverse handle. I replaced it, swapped the direction of the diode, reinstalled everything, pressed the accelerator... immediately fried the micro switch in the V Glide. I replaced it and the wires going to that micro switch since they melted. Swapped the direction of the diode again, reinstalled everything. SLOWLY pressed the accelerator, immediately fried the micro switch behind the Forward/Reverse handle....... Getting frustrated and am at a loss. I have no idea where to go from here.
asoffera is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2022, 07:04 AM   #2
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1998 Club Car DS 36v

go to the Sticky above and find the wire diagram. It will show yo exactly how to wire the Diode and solenoid. I would check your wiring from your limit switches to the V-Glide.
your limit switches behind the F&R just open or close making a contact. These should not "Fry" This just makes a connection open or closed and when they fail the will fail to make or break the contacts. If you fired it sounds to me you have positive wire on one side and negative wire on the other and made a direct short. do you have one side to ground and one side to hot? Sounds like you got your wires connected wrong.
do yourself a favor and verify the wire diagram to your set up before you replace any more parts. This will get costly.

use this wire diagram

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/atta...6&d=1181415365
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 06:18 PM   #3
asoffera
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Retracing all of the wires seems to have worked, somewhat. I now have power without blowing or frying anything. the two main wires going to the solenoid were swapped. I haven't road tested it yet but I have slightly pressed the accelerator and got forward movement with no ill effects......kind of. For some reason now the Forward/Reverse buzzer won't stop buzzing unless it is in Neutral. Forward or Reverse it buzzes.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:05 AM   #4
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

re-check you limit switch on you F&R lever it should be the middle switch of the 3 and has a orange wire on it. you can just unplug it if you don't want it on. Does your middle micro switch have 2 prongs or 3? If it is 2 prongs your micro switch has failed if it is 3 prongs you may have a mire on the wrong leg. 3 prongs are only one function and the 3 prongs can be either used for normally open or normally closed. let me know what kind of switch you have hope this makes since
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 03:46 PM   #5
asoffera
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It does make sense. It only has two prongs bit that is what was in it originally. I just went behind the dash and disconnected the buzzer. Everything is working properly so I hope just disconnecting it doesn't put any kind of draw on the batteries while it's parked. Does it?

Tags
diode, micro switch, solenoid, v glide
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car