lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Yet another tire question

After spending the first few weeks here on the forum going back 30 or 40 pages to pick up information, I've noticed a tire question seems to come up once a week if not more. But haven't seen the answer to my question, so here goes.

I have a 99 gas workhorse. I've read you can go up to a 20 inch tire without a lift kit. I have found some 4 ply 20 inch Super Lug tires, they are 20-10-8.

Will these be too wide for my cart?

If so could I use them on the back, and get 20-8-8 tires for the front?

I've seen 18-9.5-8 and it said they would work on an unlifted EZGO, so I thought the wider tire might make it with 20 inch too.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yet another tire question

I crawled under and took a closer look at my cart. To me it looks like there is barely an inch space on the inside of the front tire, and about the same for the back. So I'm guessing the 20-10-8 would be too wide, though I'm not sure. Here is a pic of the same pattern in a 18-9.5-8.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
reinman88
Gone Wild

Also found this style tire in 20-7-8 and 19-8-8.

Would I be getting too narrow with the 20-7-8?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I'm not definite but,I think they may fit with offset wheels,to keep them from rubbing.I'm sure someone else will be along soon.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

offset wheel yes they will. 20-10-8

if you go with the trail wolf get the 20-10-10. they are narrow anyway. If you want to see the size, go to your local ezgo dealer and look at a sport II. they come standard with the trail wolf tires. they will be on a 10" rim, but you will get the idea. I put the 20-10-10 trail wolf on lots of cart w/o lifts, but they use 10 wheels, w/offset weel.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #6
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
I put the 20-10-10 trail wolf on lots of cart w/o lifts, but they use 10 wheels, w/offset weel.
Are you saying the 10 inch rims also have to be offset, or just the 8 inch rims will need to be offset?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Offset no-matter what size diameter.They move the wheel out,away from the suspension/steering components.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
reinman88
Gone Wild

Sounds good. If I can go with 20 inch tires with either 8 or 10 inch offset rims, that's probably the way I will go rather then a lift kit. With a lift kit I did not want to go over 22 inch tires. I have a big hill to climb. The way I see it 22 inch tires and a lift kit will put the back axle just 1 inch higher then 20 inch tires and no lift kit. I just can't see spending over $300 to gain that 1 inch.

I stopped back at the dealer where I picked up my workhorse and got a frame for a windshield. He's going to dig around some more and find me the back brackets, and see if we can find a used top out back. I asked about used 10 inch rims they may have piled up out back that they weren't using. Have to see what he comes up with. He said he might be able to find me a front bumper out back too. I thought I might be able to trick up the basic flat bumper and attach my lights there. I have been known to scrounge when possible.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO