lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #21
crachic
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Intermitent Forward Reverse Problem

So I can eliminate the plug all together and just wire tie the correct wires together. Seems odd since the plug has to serve a purpose for some reason. I may try that as well.
crachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

It's probably manufactured as a complete unit. You'd probably never need to replace the whole unit. ITS, MS and linkage to the iron slug can all be purchased separately.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #23
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had the same issue with my personal cart a couple of weeks ago. I don't see anything wrong with eliminating it. If you ever need to replace the whole throttle unit you can just cut and splice again.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #24
crachic
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of the input. I really appreciate it. I will go ahead and try to eliminate the plug all together.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

May have been a bad batch. I usually never have problems with MOLEX connectors, unless they're used a LOT.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #26
crachic
Not Yet Wild

The cart is 18 years old so I guess it could have worn out.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #27
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I've heard this same problem being reported by numerous members, but never heard once about problems with the controller plug, even though that one heats and cools every time it's ridden.

It was a real pain chasing this problem down. I had a similar problem on a Chevy I had. It would just die. It took a year to find that one.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #28
Barbersham
Getting Wild

I have an early 2000s ezgo electric 36v. I don't know much about electricity or electric golf carts at all. I got the cart off of a friend that builds carts for a living. he completely redid this cart a year ago with all new wiring and batteries and everything. The cart worked awesome however I was offloading it from a trailer and had it in reverse instead of neutral and it rolled down while in reverse (not that it has anything to do with it). However right afterwards when I put it in reverse it doesn't work. if I put it in forward and move then put it in reverse it works fine, but if I just put it in reverse it doesn't go anywhere. it clicks just nothing happens. sometimes if I have the pedal all the way down it will do nothing then all the sudden full speed in reverse. im really confused as everything looks brand new inside. My friend moved and his brother does it now and I don't get along with him. he wouldn't even look at it he just said it needs a new controller. please advise.
Barbersham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:06 PM   #29
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Rolling in reverse without switching the run/tow switch to tow, could very well have been the "death sentence", if it has one.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #30
Barbersham
Getting Wild

cart works fine in forward. and if it rolled without the pedal compressed it would have been 3 or 4 feet. could that damage something? I can still use reverse, I just have to go forward before I can. where would I find the tow switch to see if mine has one? also what other possible problems could have caused this? Loose wire? bad connection?

Last edited by Barbersham; 06-16-2017 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: k
Barbersham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagnosis, electrical problem, ezgo electric, forward reverse, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO