lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

Default Briggs motor mount pic needed (for 93 ezgo marathon)

Ok I got the motor out of the cart and I have the vtwin(16hp) close to being ready to sit in the frame for initial fitting.I can see on the motor cross supports that I will need to do some trimming.I was wondering if anybody else has used the factory engine cradle or have you just made your own subframe?I was thinking about making the motor plate and welding it to the front and rear Robin engine supports(where the original motor mounted).This would make the cradle one piece instead of three.I was going to trim off the little bellcrank thingamajig from the front and whatever else was needed.Any pictures of other mount creations would be great.I plan on buying a clutch from tom here soon.This way I can get the motor in and get it all wired in.I want to get it running and then tear it all back out for painting and a little frame beefing where I have some rust.I will get pics soon
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Briggs motor mount pic needed (for 93 ezgo marathon)

I see you were putting a big block in your 93 ezgo and I was wondering what u used for a clutch and also how you ended up mounting the engine and do you have any pics? I'm looking to do the same with mine.
Thanks
Marc
mthrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #3
dirtracer27x
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

good ????.pick up my 16 hp vanguard tommorow.not sure how to do this yet but for 300 bucks i have to get it.its a 1 inch shaft is that right?
dirtracer27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

check out my thread "richies marathon". i used a comet clutch from CPP for a 1" shaft.Think it is the 780 clutch.Works great.
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!