lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Bruce Campbell
Not Yet Wild

Default Float assembly missing clip?

My 1981 gas ez go would only idle and run a few seconds and feet after full choke application. Took carb apart noting gunk inside. Cleaned and re assembled. I am used to seeing a small clip that insures the float valve moves up and down with the float yet this carb does not have such a clip. Could someone please confirm such a clip should be in place and I will then proceed to try and get one.

Thanks
Bruce Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Float assembly missing clip?

Some carbs just don't have one.The area where the needle valve rides up and down in this case is sufficient to keep it from going out of line.If it runs fine, I'd leave it be.I don't think my 88 has one either but don't quote me.I'm sure someone will get on and confirm for you.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Heliarc is correct, the needle rides on the flat part of the float pivot ... Here's a Marathon carb diagram that may help You, pay special attention to the jets I have circled, remove and thoroughly clean them, the seats, etc (as well as the needle valve and seat mentioned above):

The thorough cleaning generally does the trick w those symptoms, also check and/or replace fuel filter to see if that's plugged - if still no-go, we'll look at the fuel pump, etc next
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
Bruce Campbell
Not Yet Wild

Oh yes .. Thanks for insights. I sat on a board & drove unit around pulling fuel line off carb during loss of power intervals and noted no fuel from pump. Clear fuel filter only had a small show of fuel in it. Figured bad fuel pump or air getting in line on suction side of pump. In the end I tipped up clear fuel filter above pump on vertical and found fuel built up in filter body and seemed to supply a air less head to the fuel pump and at that point cart ran without incident. It would seem the fuel feed was air locking. At this point time will tell. All feedback appreciated.

Thanks
Bruce Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO