lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2020, 09:47 AM   #1
wojeezy
Not Yet Wild

Default First Time Owner - What accessories?

Hey All.
Just purchased my first cart. Completely rebuilt 2016 RXV with all new components. I don’t like the tan top so I purchased a black top that I will be adding along with a new steering wheel and LED underbelly lights. I had the dealer add a windshield, stereo and seat belts.

I want to change the seats and add a fuse box to add more accessories down the road. Any recommendations on where to go for those?

Also, are there any accessories I am missing?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11019831-5121-4921-A84D-4D4F12DDB922.jpg (24.2 KB, 0 views)
wojeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2020, 09:57 AM   #2
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: First Time Owner - What accessories?

Welcome to BGW. Nice cart. As far as recommended accessories, does your cart have turn signals and brake lights?

I purchased an RXV about 6 months ago and decided to replace the basic LED lighting kit with one that has turn signals, flashers, brake lights, DRLs, horn and Hi/Lo beam headlights. Another useful accessory is a USB charging port.

Click on the "Site Sponsors" tab for a list of some good suppliers of parts and accessories.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:48 AM   #3
wojeezy
Not Yet Wild

USB is a good idea. I’m not sure if it has one or not. Is that pretty easy to install?
Old 05-31-2020, 11:20 AM   #4
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojeezy View Post
USB is a good idea. I’m not sure if it has one or not. Is that pretty easy to install?
If you have headlights, then the USB port could be tapped into the 12V from the light switch. That is the way my dealer originally had mine installed. I didn't like the way the dealer had installed my lights as he simply tapped power from a single battery rather than using a reducer.

When I upgraded to my new light kit, it came with a harness connection for the USB ports.

Another option would be to add a combination USB / 12V lighter type port for use with a small compressor or the like. That would draw more power and should be wired back to the battery pack rather than tapping the light switch.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:30 AM   #5
wojeezy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevota Guy View Post
If you have headlights, then the USB port could be tapped into the 12V from the light switch. That is the way my dealer originally had mine installed. I didn't like the way the dealer had installed my lights as he simply tapped power from a single battery rather than using a reducer.

When I upgraded to my new light kit, it came with a harness connection for the USB ports.

Another option would be to add a combination USB / 12V lighter type port for use with a small compressor or the like. That would draw more power and should be wired back to the battery pack rather than tapping the light switch.
Cool. He installed a reducer for me, I know The reducer just has 2 wires coming out. Do you recommend a fuse box that I can add Other items? Seems like it would get sloppy over time without it.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:51 AM   #6
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A fuse box would make installing future accessories much cleaner and simpler. Make sure your reducer has adequate amperage to handle the loads.

I was going to install a fuse panel in mine, but I mistakenly thought my new light kit would be all that I would add, so I skipped it. Now that I've had the cart for awhile, I realize that was short sighted, so now I plan to install one as well. Should have done it right the first time. (I'll bet I'm not the only one who figured this out afterward haha)
Old 05-31-2020, 12:19 PM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojeezy View Post
Hey All.
Just purchased my first cart. Completely rebuilt 2016 RXV with all new components. I don’t like the tan top so I purchased a black top that I will be adding along with a new steering wheel and LED underbelly lights. I had the dealer add a windshield, stereo and seat belts.

I want to change the seats and add a fuse box to add more accessories down the road. Any recommendations on where to go for those?

Also, are there any accessories I am missing?

Thanks
These are some of the things I have done: GPS speedometer, Unique key switch (plug n play), Steering wheel, Digital and bar graph battery meters (Factory one is inaccurate),, lockable cubby door on passenger side, 12v outlet below seat cushion by drivers right knee, hidden kill switch and the obvious lights, wheels, upholstery, brush guard etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0142.jpg (73.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0631.jpg (612.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0433.jpg (418.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0400.jpg (223.3 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:17 PM   #8
wojeezy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
These are some of the things I have done: GPS speedometer, Unique key switch (plug n play), Steering wheel, Digital and bar graph battery meters (Factory one is inaccurate),, lockable cubby door on passenger side, 12v outlet below seat cushion by drivers right knee, hidden kill switch and the obvious lights, wheels, upholstery, brush guard etc.
Looks Great! Thanks. I like the speedometer.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:39 PM   #9
wojeezy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I really like those seats. Who makes them?
Old 05-31-2020, 02:03 PM   #10
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Those are actually covers over the original seat and seat back. They were done locally. Lots of sources for this on line. Many threads about it on this board also. Another way to go is Suite Seats or LazyLife seats, a big bump up in style, comfort and $$$.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO