lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2020, 01:53 PM   #1
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Looking at upgrading to a TXT shuttle 6

Local golf cart dealer sells TXT shuttle 6, lifted, 22" tires.

I am having trouble getting ahold of this guy and my wife and I are supposed to go by there Friday and look at them and test drive one. I have been trying to google info on these all day and cant find much about what engine is in these.

I was hoping to get an Express L6, but we are paying cash right now and this fits our bill better.

Questions-

What engine is in these?

Is the engine reliable, does it have any known issues?

What should I expect the top speed to be, the only info I found is average speed is 19mph.

Any way to squeeze more out of the engine without taking away from the reliability of it? We plan to take this to the beach about 3 times a year and cruise dirt roads around my house and I really need it to be able to go about 20+ MPH to cruise the roads at Port Aransas.

Below is a pic of one of the units we are going to look at Friday.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2020, 06:21 AM   #2
ParisKy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking at upgrading to a TXT shuttle 6

I don't have an answer for you, but I do have a Sail boat in Port Aransas, and I just love that town, and the people. It is a small drinking town, with a fishing problem.
ParisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 09:42 AM   #3
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking at upgrading to a TXT shuttle 6

We decided to pass on the txt shuttle 6 for now. The ones he has were kinda slow. My phone gps clocked us at 18.5 mph on flat road. My wife and I agreed that if were going to get a new cart we want an express beach buggy.....

However, we are starting to lean towards a Polaris ranger. I was told by a buddy that supposedly beaches in Texas are starting to allow sxs on the beach now.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO