lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
bookum1@yahoo.com
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Are these pads toast

I have tried everything. I have adjusted at the yoke cleaned pads and drum. I did get it to grab by manually adjusting the spider gear, but I read that was a no no. I am attaching a pic of the pads and was wondering if anyone with experience can tell me if they are toast or not.

brake.JPG

Thanks
bookum1@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Are these pads toast

The shoes look like 50%,they arent real thick to start with,spray your self adjusters with some lube and make sure they work ok.A lifted ezgo is not going to have a real strong brake to start with.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

New shoe has about 5/16th of pad..... anything 50% less than that is shot Put the drum on and adjust the shoe until the drum wont trun then a bit more to seat the shoes. Now back off until the drum turns and you hear the slightest drag of a shoe in one spot on the rotation. If this did not bring the peddle up then check your cable adjustments
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If the shoe has lining on its entire surface and there is no metal contact with the drum the braking is not going to change with new shoes unless there happens to be a more aggressive compound available and that is not likely. For automotive applications there are lots of options for more aggressive braking compounds. They trade service life for braking force. My old class C motorhome on a Ford E-350 chassis didn't stop very well so I put Raybestos Brute Stop pads and shoes on it and the improvement in braking was huge.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just put pads on the Ford Yesterday so this is fresh on my mind..... Brakes work on frictin and in friction some material is lost.... You can use a more aggressive pad but you must realize that that pad willl wear the drum or disc faster.... most golf cart brake shoes can benefit from a cleaning of pad and drum with sanding paper..... look for signs of the axle seal leaking or seapage. This presence of oil will cause the shoe to glaze and greatly reduce any friction .... good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
bookum1@yahoo.com
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow!!!! brakes... I took the unit completely apart. cleaned it. The self adjusters were pretty gummed up... They lock up now.
bookum1@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO