lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2015, 08:43 AM   #1
bubbster
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 carb and running issue

I am working on a friends G9. I have clean carb twice and check air cleaner and still having issues. The cart has a hesitation problem and when it does you pull the choke and away it goes. Even when warm and the tires are off the ground and start it and let it free wheel and then push the accelerator to the floor and dies. If you slowly back off on the throttle it will take off or pull the choke. my next choice is to check valve lash. any other ideas would be appreciated.

How much gas should come out of the fuel pump when you do a test.

thanx
BUb
bubbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #2
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 carb and running issue

If you need to pull the choke to make it run correct then you have an air leak. Make sure your air box is sealed tight and that the spacer between the carb and block is not cracked. Please check and let us know how you make out.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:55 AM   #3
bubbster
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G9 carb and running issue

Got it fixed. Zero valve lash on the intake and 6 thousands on the exhaust. Set them both to 4 thou and runs great now.

From now on whenever I work on a cart again ..... checking the valve lash will be part of my work.
bubbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha