lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Possible Noise Canceling Padding

Good morning everyone,

I was out for a ride last night and started thinking, which usually cost me money. I got to thinking of my electric carts days past and how quiet and peaceful they were. We love our new cart, but I am always up for improvements. Has anyone thought of adding any type of noise canceling padding to their cart? If so, how did you do it and what type of padding did you buy? Keep in mind, I am completely happy with our cart, but just the thought of maybe adding some quiet to the ride does spark my interest. Also, it gives me something to research and tinker with. Let me know your thoughts.

JD
gadawg31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2015, 08:54 AM   #2
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Possible Noise Canceling Padding

Well Hell, the search function finally worked for me today and I may have found what I was looking for. I found another thread on here, that linked me to another forum called "Talk of the Villages" and someone mentioned they have used the following sound deadening padding. I still would like to know what you all have done or your thoughts, as I research this padding further. Here is the link to the padding website: http://www.soundaway.com/Soundproofing_Mat_s/34.htm It doesn't look too expensive, but I still want to research a little more.

JD
Old 05-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I thought about it once as well but thought maybe it would generate too much heat around the engine. I will tell you that once you bypass the governor and do the plowmans mods to the airbox the noise level is much louder. Has a throatier tone but the extra power and speed is totally worth it. Just another reason to crank the radio volume up more. I'm not BSing when I say this but my 2013 lifted g29 with all the mods at 3300rpms and 33mph pegged to the floor is about as louder or if not louder than my Polaris ranger 900xp at 35 mph. Anything faster on the Polaris is wind noise in your ears making it seem louder. The Polaris has the engine way back under the dumpbed instead of under the seat which makes a huge difference in noise and also the rediculously big muffler they use as well. It's as big as my new Sierra pickup
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:09 AM   #4
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I was thinking the same thing too. I was going to go down to the local hd and pick up some insulation board and see what that dose it's cheap enough. And if you just put it on the top side I would not think any access heat would occur than normal ? As the top is completely covered on my g21 anyway.
Cdebo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I've seen it tried. For me I can't tell a difference. Local shop charges about 250 bucks to do it. Still noisey IMO
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:03 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yamaha offers a sticky-backed lined foam sound deadner panels for G22. If you order a Drive from the factory with sound insulation, they just cut up a set of the G22 ones. Easy to cut with a razor knife. Heres part numbers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150119_085241_927.jpg (51.7 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can use peel and stick roofing products, but they only work well on surfaces they lay on. They can come loose if vertical, or you have to hold them on with something else. The yami foam above looks promising, odds are the factory has researched it some.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:50 AM   #8
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Being cheap I got some hood padding from the junk yard.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #9
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

cgtech, yea that actually looks inviting. Thanks for the part number, I may have to try it. Thanks for the info everyone.

JD
Old 05-20-2015, 02:53 PM   #10
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Not gonna make much difference if any in my opinion.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha