lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2015, 06:34 AM   #1
super99
Not Yet Wild

Default Where to find G 1 parts?

I replaced the carb this spring and it ran great, I have ordered a new spark plug cap which should take care of the spark plug issues. Then it got to where it would only run about 1/2 speed and you had to play with the choke to keep it going. Looked it over closely yesterday, the rubber cover on the ball on the exhaust butterfly came off. It was soaked with oil and had expanded to where it just falls off. The one on the other end of the linkage is held on with a zip tie. Can I buy these ends aftermarket or do I have to go to Yamaha? I checked over at DIY and couldn't find anything. I put a zip tie on that one and it runs great, but I want to get it fixed right. I am running mixed gas at 100/1, is that too rich causing the oil to leak out on the rubber? It hasn't been that long since I changed over to mixed gas, this issue has been a long time coming, it didn't happen over night. Thanks for all the help in the past, I have a few other issues to address as time permits, but as long as it runs, wife, grandkids and I are happy to have it. Thanks again, Chris
super99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2015, 07:02 AM   #2
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where to find G 1 parts?

128:1 seems popular, and enough for these.
I'd ditch the flapper all together. You should be able to tap and plug the hole after removing the butterfly.

TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha