lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2015, 08:06 PM   #1
Pezz
Not Yet Wild

Default G14 is smoking at the bottom of the hill

Hello all,

I just wanted to pick your collective brains on this one. I recently removed the carb and cleaned it, re-installed it and now when I get to the bottom of a hill and hit the gas I get a nice poof of smoke. There was gas in the oil so I changed it and that helped some.

I have checked the following;

End stop adjustment of the throttle. I backed the screw out far enough that when I place pressure on the throttle arm there is a gap.

Checked low speed idle adjustment, 1 1/2 turns is where it is at.

I am thinking I have a sticky float in the carb?

Any other observations are most welcome before I start ripping into things!

Thanks in advance!
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2015, 08:11 PM   #2
jeff70
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G14 is smoking at the bottom of the hill

If it runs fine otherwise I would suspect the float either sticking or set to high
jeff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #3
Pezz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff70 View Post
If it runs fine otherwise I would suspect the float either sticking or set to high
Thanks!

Yes it runs well. It just appears to be getting too much fuel when it shouldn't.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:32 AM   #4
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

How much gas was in the oil? It may take a couple oil changes before you get it cleaned out good and that may be your problem. Or it could be overfueling because of a stuck float or needle. This is most likely what lead to the gas in the oil in the first place.

You'll need to find that problem first as it can continue to let fuel leak into the crankcase which leads to a flooding situation all the time.

I had this problem with my riding mower when I took it out of the shed this spring. All the fuel had drained into the crankcase and it would hardly run and smoked terribly. So I changed it all and cleaned the carb checking the float and needle. I filled the tank and mowed the yard. The next time I took the mower out it had done the same thing. Other than that, it ran fine so I just put a fuel shut off on it. It still puffed a bit of smoke until I changed the oil a second time.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:04 PM   #5
Pezz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindawg View Post
How much gas was in the oil? It may take a couple oil changes before you get it cleaned out good and that may be your problem. Or it could be overfueling because of a stuck float or needle. This is most likely what lead to the gas in the oil in the first place.

You'll need to find that problem first as it can continue to let fuel leak into the crankcase which leads to a flooding situation all the time.

I had this problem with my riding mower when I took it out of the shed this spring. All the fuel had drained into the crankcase and it would hardly run and smoked terribly. So I changed it all and cleaned the carb checking the float and needle. I filled the tank and mowed the yard. The next time I took the mower out it had done the same thing. Other than that, it ran fine so I just put a fuel shut off on it. It still puffed a bit of smoke until I changed the oil a second time.
Thanks, I figure I have a few oil changes to make. I will be removing the carb this week and having a look at the float etc. and see if anything jumps out at me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha