lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2015, 07:47 PM   #21
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 dies when hot

I'm leaving for work real quick, so I'm going to think out loud for a minute. Maybe it will knock some ideas loose.

You rebuilt the engine. It runs good for a solid half hour. I think we can pretty much eliminate any issues with the engine core itself.

That leaves us with the fuel delivery system, and the ignition system.

The pulsar checks good while hot. You did the HEI conversion eliminating the igniter. I don't know if you replaced the coil, or plug wire. I'm slightly suspicious of the Autolite plug.

Fuel delivery: Gas cap, pickup tube, and rubber fuel line to a new pump. Could the tank be pulling a vacuum? Could the rubber hose be collapsing? I would think that the rubber hose is a better insulator than a steel line if it's a heat issue. Is it a new carburetor? Plugged vent? not likely. Reed valves should either work, or not work. Not a heat issue there either.

Those are a few of my thoughts. I always like to ask myself. What were the issues before, and what are the issues after? What issues are common to the before, and the after. What components are common to the before, and after?

I'm sure the issue is in there, we just have to find it.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #22
Charles M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply the plug is what was in the cart when I bought it so I replaced with the same gas tank was not venting so I fixed that the coil is a new ford hei coil with a new acel solid core wire new filter maid sure the pickup was good and clean ordered a new belt seems to be slipping now have found so many things wrong with the cart just had it out again for about 45 min and ran good when the out side temp is cool the fuel line is new black automotive
Charles M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #23
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Is the HEI module mounted with the right goop, and to a location that will allow it to shed heat?

Fan on the flywheel is intact?
Shrouds in place?
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:22 AM   #24
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Is the plug the correct heat range? Some will crutch poor running with a hotter plug.

Is the air filter clean-ish and no obstructions in the whole tract?
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:00 PM   #25
Charles M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the hei mounted where the oil tank would be on a heat sink with the correct grease out to the outside edge so air can flow over it the filter is very clean and sealed the fan and shroud are in very good shape I am running the oil at 50 to 1as far the plug did not cross it to another brand but is burning a nice brown collar
Old 07-08-2015, 06:13 AM   #26
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Oil mix should be 128:1
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:35 PM   #27
Charles M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The prevues owner was mixing at 32-1 way to much oil with today's oil the EZ Go dealer said to use 40-1 and I am useing 50-1 the plug is a nice dark tan it is not smoking have changed the routing of the fuel line to the pump and not had any problems yet but the temp has only been in the low 70's it will do 17 1/2 mph with stock tires by gps
Old 07-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #28
Charles M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

re routed the fuel line behind the top frame member and down behind the carb had it out for about 1 hr no problems yet also serviced the clutches motor does not rev as fast now
Old 08-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #29
Charles M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

How I mounted the igniter on the cart IMG_20150804_095554659.jpg
Old 08-31-2015, 07:51 PM   #30
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Charles, for the past week I have been trying to figure out why you are having so much trouble with heat. I never really hear about other carts having heat problems, but yours was actually boiling the fuel causing it not to run.

I found this thread with a really nice 3PG engine like yours.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...bin-3pg-2.html

Here is my question. Is all of your heat shielding still intact around the cooling fins? That shielding needs to be there so the fan can properly cool the engine.

If that's not the problem, I will continue thinking about it.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO