lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
Captain1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Bad Clutch? Belt Sliping.

I wanted to start with… I searched high and low trying to find someone with my kind of cart experiencing the same problem and I could not find anything. I have a 2010 EZGO Sort 2+2 with the 13 hp Kawasaki engine it currently has 20” tires on it. From all the research I did it looks as if this cart came from the factory with the lift kit and oversize tires. I recently bought this cart so I am not sure how well it is supposed to perform. The current condition is I have to pull the choke to get it running as I would think, then after running for a bit (22mph) then coming to a stop it will not restart unless I continually play with the choke sometimes for a few minutes. Also on initial start up the clutch and belt see to work as intended the as I try to get going it will scream and growl horrendously until it gets going. Also if I approach a small dirt hill it will not climb it. The cart will just sit at the bottom of the hill and something will squeal and growl. I did change the belt ( with a used one) and have the same problem. Is there a way I can check the clutch and the belt?
THANKS FOR THE HELP
Captain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO