lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2016, 10:38 PM   #11
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hey everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swishercustoms86 View Post
Yeah I've wanted too but there's just something good about outperforming the newer 4 cycles with this old girl lol, what year and engine is your cart?
Mine is an 87 with the 2pg 244cc robins engine like yours. I know you CAN make a small 2 stroke perform well, BUT, there is an issue. Like any modified motor, reliability goes down as power goes up.
I do not have a lot of experience with carts, but I do with high performance engines. I have read an RPM limit of both 4000 and 5000 rpm on the 244, no idea which is right or if they both are! But the easiest way to get more power is to move the torque up the RPM band.
Here is how you figure HP. HP=(torque x RPM)/5252
So let's look at 2 engines both making 100 ft lbs of torque, one at 3,000 and one at 10,000. The 3,000 RPM motor is making 57.121HP The one at 10,000 RPM is making 190.403HP.
So, now let's look at your motor. How will the rod hold up over 4 or 5K? How about the rod bearing, wrist pin bearing, etc. Also, moving the torque up the RPM band will hurt bottom end performance.
I think the smart thing here is to start looking at EXACTLY what you have. do a compression test, see what that is. Then maybe ride the cart without the seat on it and be sure the clutches are working properly.
these are what I would be looking at prior to doing anything. Then once you have all the base line data, then start planning your modifications.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2016, 12:27 AM   #12
Swishercustoms86
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Very good ideas, you've brought points up I haven't thought of yet,maybe instead of bumping up the horsepower an torque i should do diagnosis first to make sure nothing is causing it to run poorly, I like these 244s I ran mine once with a cracked piston to get home once they are pretty reliable.
Swishercustoms86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:45 AM   #13
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No problem! I worked for years with some pretty talented folks, I would like to think some of it rubbed off!
Tom
Old 01-28-2016, 01:29 AM   #14
Swishercustoms86
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

It is very evident it has, thanks again
Swishercustoms86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #15
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swishercustoms86 View Post
It is very evident it has, thanks again
Thank you
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO