lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Engine rebuild or ?

That engine/drive train was designed to do exactly that. Roughly 100 yards or so at a time then 5 minute breaks on the green. Do you know what exactly failed ? Most are from a connecting rod either seizing or coming loose. As for the synthetic, I would not run a pure synthetic because it may just be too slippery. I know that sounds strange it being oil but regular oil will leave a film on the interior of the motor so if it sits it won't rust. Have a friend who rebuilt car engines as a profession that showed me an engine one time he had rebuilt, used synthetic oil to coat everything when he was building it. When he got done he put them in plastic bags to keep dirt and debris out. He looked at it about 2 weeks later and it was rusted solid.. He had always used regular oil before with no problems and went back to that after..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2016, 06:44 AM   #12
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I can't say for sure what the problem is. The shop speculates a broken ring but no one really will know until the engine goes to the rebuilding shop and is tore down and inspected.

My biggest concern is if I opt to rebuild am I tossing money in the trash? I don't want to do an engine rebuild every four or five years. I've asked myself if I worked it too hard. It pulled a brush mower some last summer but that was months before the failure took place.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:53 AM   #13
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Pulling that shouldn't be an issue my old g16 ran 11 years general maintenance and a belt. It was ran hard and put up wet many times. Pulled an 87 lifted ford bronco home with it 5 miles towed 8 ft trailer around with bales of hay on and never gave out. I race sprint cars and wanted something that would crank the car so We sold it to a friend and got a Polaris ranger. Had nothing but problems.
I got out of it and went back to a 295cc 02 ezgo. And push my 1100lb car around with it every weekend 1st issue just came up where the rod broke and broke threaded end off the crank due to lack of oil and it locked up
That was original engine with countless hours and no rebuild
SRDCOMPOSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #14
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I keep going back and forth between the rebuild, cheaper option, and the clone which costs more but will offer more power. I'm not sure my cart could do the things you describe before the engine failures.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:55 PM   #15
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the input. I ordered the V460 today.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:29 AM   #16
JG4660
Not Yet Wild

Let us know how it turns out..good luck.
JG4660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:24 AM   #17
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I guess I don't really see where you would wrap up 1k into a rebuild. you can pretty much get all the hard (typically replaced components) for less than that. if the crank, cam, block are good you would just simply hone the block and re-ring the pistons cleanup the valves. run it. these little engine prefer straight 30w oil.
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO