lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2016, 01:44 PM   #21
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Precedent 10mph bone stock

With the bandit motor you get the speed magnet and you won't need any reprogramming.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #22
F3X
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
With the bandit motor you get the speed magnet and you won't need any reprogramming.
OK so does that also mean that if I get a speed magnet on my current cart then I wouldn't need a reprogramming or am I stuck towing it to the CC dealer anyway?
If I have a issue I would like to resolve it before throwing cash at the problem. Does anything I have tested here so far indicate a issue other than its real slow???

Thanks,
F3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:13 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Speed code 3 is the highest free speed code that You can set on a stock controller, it will provide about 14.7mph

If You then add a speed magnet to the motor ($40), You will get 19mph or more depending on the condition of brakes, batteries, etc...

If Your cart is set to speed code 1, the bandit motor will not work much faster than yours.

Are You saying that if you get the cart to speed and release the accelerator that the cart just coasts without any motor braking action?

In my opinion the best option is to just purchase an Alltrax XCT400IQ controller, You don't have to deal with taking your motor OFF the cart, waiting 3 weeks, re-installing the motor and still have a chance the controller will not allow you to go any faster.

The Alltrax will be a straight swap when you get it and it will definitely take the stock motor faster than 20mph with a lot more torque.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:21 PM   #24
Aauman88
Gone Wild

But at a price more than $300. XCT controllers all the way in my opinion but it comes at a price
Aauman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:27 PM   #25
F3X
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Are You saying that if you get the cart to speed and release the accelerator that the cart just coasts without any motor braking action?
Yes if anything its so slight you can hardly feel it, she just rolls on and on and without a hill I haven't checked it, I will get a tow this afternoon and see what she does.

It gets off the line very well to about 7 then hits 10 a 1/2~3/4 a second later and stays there.

edit: I just got a tow from another cart and my cart wants to slow down hard after 10mph so it must be programmed in. I will take it to CC and get it reprogramed for speed mode 3. They said N/C for 3 and 150.00 for Speed mode 4.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:52 PM   #26
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Be careful towing your cart w/o the run/tow switch in tow. You'll will wind up destroying the controller.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:10 PM   #27
F3X
Not Yet Wild

We ran side by side at the same speed and I grabbed hold of the other cart, When we reached 10mph my cart started slowing down to maintain that speed so that I let go of the other cart. The breaking took effect.

No animals were hurt during the testing procedure.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:10 PM   #28
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

f3x,
Any updates on your club car speed? How did having th controller programmed work out?
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:20 AM   #29
F3X
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkcooper View Post
f3x,
Any updates on your club car speed? How did having th controller programmed work out?
The speed 3 change got me to 15. I did get the speed magnet and on flat ground 18ish but low torque. I have been running it this way for a while. Will probably put the old magnet back in or throw a little more cash at it I want 18~20 w/power. I run it at airport and this would be perfect.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car