lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
D2Gags
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 89 Marathon Clutch puller

Ok so for some reason everything i buy for the engine on my cart is wrong. I ordered a new carb and it was wrong and now my clutch puller is wrong. Does anybody now the part # for an 89 Marathon EZ-GO? I bought the 9044 and its wrong, when I looked it up it said thats the puller I needed but now its saying that its for a comet. Also I'm seeing 2 different part #'s for the puller. Some sites say its the 19779-G1 and others say its the 19779-G2 i really dont want to keep wasting money on dumb things like this. Please help!
D2Gags is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2016, 06:07 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 Marathon Clutch puller

The 19779-G1 is for a 2pg engine. The -G2 is for a 3pg two stroke, and the newer 2 cylinder 4 stroke.

2pg two stroke = spark plug sticking out driver's side of engine.

3pg two stroke = spark plug sticking out top of engine.

2 cylinder 4 stroke = 2 spark plugs.

1988 should have been the last year for the 2pg, but a few 89s probably slipped through. Yours should be a 3pg.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:47 PM   #3
D2Gags
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 Marathon Clutch puller

Great, thanks for the help. Its so frustrating ordering everything on-line and having it be wrong. Thanks again.
D2Gags is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO