lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2016, 12:43 AM   #1
Ronman
Getting Wild

Default Lost with this ignition wiring.

Since I stumped everyone with my exhaust question I'll try something else.

The previous owner of this cart apparently lost the key and had no idea the key was readily available at the dealer. So when I tried it out he started it by wrapping some wires together. I picked up a new ignition switch but can't figure out the wiring. The diagrams may as well be in Chinese It is the 3 position that controls the lights as well.

I am attaching a pic of the wires hanging out of the face plate where the key goes. One of the red wires, which is the one I have to use to start it, is running directly to the battery. If I remember right I have to connect it to blue for it to start. However, this doesn't seem right to me because the cart stays on in both neutral and without the accelerator pressed. So the cart is either on or off.

Can anyone tell me what each wire is for and if this wire running straight to the battery is correct?

Sorry I've have so many questions. Just trying to learn and there are no GC mechanics in my area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (156.7 KB, 0 views)
Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2016, 02:35 PM   #2
Ronman
Getting Wild

Default Re: Lost with this ignition wiring.

Anybody? Wiring schematics might as well be in Chinese when I look at them.

I know the red aftermarket wire coming from turns the cart in when touched to the blue. So I know this is wrong because you don't have hit the accelerator and the cart does not shut off until you undo the wires.

There's a red wire that has no juice and a green wire.

The fuel gauge has a black and yellow wire and one post with nothing on it except a crimped end.

There also one extra black wire with a quick connect end.

Inside I can see a round thing with no wires. I'm assuming that the reverse buzzer.

I'm guessing the red wire should get power when I bit the accelerator. I've tried to trace these wires back but not having any luck.

T-minus 3 days till we leave and I have to work the next 2. Anyone?
Old 08-14-2016, 02:41 PM   #3
Ronman
Getting Wild

Anybody? Wiring schematics might as well be in Chinese when I look at them.

I know the red aftermarket wire coming from turns the cart in when touched to the blue. So I know this is wrong because you don't have hit the accelerator and the cart does not shut off until you undo the wires.

There's a red wire that has no juice and a green wire.

The fuel gauge has a black and yellow wire and one post with nothing on it except a crimped end.

There also one extra black wire with a quick connect end.

Inside I can see a round thing with no wires. I'm assuming that the reverse buzzer.

I'm guessing the red wire should get power when I bit the accelerator. I've tried to trace these wires back but not having any luck.

T-minus 3 days till we leave and I have to work the next 2. Anyone?
Old 08-14-2016, 02:45 PM   #4
crash test dummy

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ey-switch.html
Old 08-14-2016, 11:11 PM   #5
Ronman
Getting Wild

Ok, so your diagram say it's for an electric vehicle. But am I to assume the ignition wiring is the same since I have those colors in the wiring harness?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (41.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-15-2016, 05:12 AM   #6
Cheezygo
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm going to say you have a gas pedal switch wiring issue. There should be no combination of wiring connections at the key switch to start that rig unless you are holding the gas pedal down.
Cheezygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:01 AM   #7
Ronman
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezygo View Post
I'm going to say you have a gas pedal switch wiring issue. There should be no combination of wiring connections at the key switch to start that rig unless you are holding the gas pedal down.
That pretty much confirms what I'm trying to decipher. Now to figure out which of these wires are ignition related and which are accessories or something else.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:55 AM   #8
DWC3
Not Yet Wild

Sub
DWC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:02 PM   #9
jlloyd
Getting Wild

It's the green wire and a blue wire that goes to the key on mine but I only have 2 wires on my key switch 2003 txt
jlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO