lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2016, 09:19 AM   #11
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrade clutch and belt for EZGO 2000 TXT

The 28 Deg. clutch will provide a slower upshift keeping you in a lower range longer. It will also provide a quicker backshift to get you in a lower range sooner when hitting a hill. It will keep engine rpm's up making better use of the power of your engine. Top end won't change, will just take a little longer to get there. The 28 Deg. is the stock clutch Ezgo used on the ST models.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #12
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

j-bone... just to be clear, are you running the stock 350 Robins (11hp)?
And this can climb anything with 22 inch wheels? And all you have is a shorter belt? No other mods? Many thanks
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:53 AM   #13
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Thanks RVK...now I get it. I have a stock 2000 EZGO Shuttle clutch. Does anyone know what this is? Obviously if the stock is already 28 deg then no point in changing.
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:55 AM   #14
j-bone
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobdiddy View Post
j-bone... just to be clear, are you running the stock 350 Robins (11hp)?
And this can climb anything with 22 inch wheels? And all you have is a shorter belt? No other mods? Many thanks
Yes, stock 350. No other mods. I have the governor adjusted to keep the rpms from going to high. Before spinning a connecting rod which precipitated the rebuild, the rpms were too high. I'm not interested in top in speed. My kids trail ride the golf cart up and down some steep little hills. It has always climbed well, but after the rebuild and belt, I was impressed. The prior motor was a little worn and week, so I can't say if the increased climbing ability is the rebuild or the belt, or both.
j-bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:08 PM   #15
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My motor is in good condition, but I did have the problem with not getting wide open throttle. Adjusting the throttle cable (youtube video) got me 15 mph with stock tires. Lift and 22" tires got me 20 mph and still able to climb hills.
jjastram is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO