lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 06:06 AM   #21
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: disappearing oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbersham View Post
I check it cold before I use it every time. Sometimes when I check it warm it looks way emptier then it really is. At first it had the wrong dipstick so I was overfilling it. Then I changed it out for a new one and it still loses oil
Ahh Haa,

If you haven't already I would drain the oil, then add 1.5 quarts and see if the full mark is right on the dip stick.

Quote:
We put it on blocks and ran it for 6 hrs. No loss of oil at all. It has to be going out the exhaust because the case is clean no leaks
Stayed full? or lost oil with no visible leaks?
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2016, 06:39 AM   #22
Barbersham
Getting Wild

The oil disappears and if I don't add to it continuously it disappears off the dipstick completely
Old 08-19-2016, 06:47 AM   #23
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
The oil disappears and if I don't add to it continuously it disappears off the dipstick completely

Are the spark plugs wet?
Old 08-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #24
Charles M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The cylinder wall should be dry above the piston no visible oil. I would pull the pistons out and check the rings for end gap and check the 2nd ring the rings could be marked wrong should only have small were on the bottom of the face of the ring. It is a scrapper ring . What kind of oil are you using as said before some oil does not burn or burns with very little smoke? The top two rings are not the same could have them in the wrong groves.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #25
Barbersham
Getting Wild

The spark plugs are blackened but doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them. When it ran for 6 hrs on blocks it did not leak oil. When we checked the oil level it was full. We did not have it full throttle.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:16 PM   #26
Barbersham
Getting Wild

I thought when the piston goes down it is supposed to leave a thin line of oil on cylinder wall. Like I said the guy that built it has built over 500 motors. He does 3 at a time in a very organized method so things aren't forgotten. Using marathon 5w30. If the rings were in wrong wouldn't the compression be less then 150 on the cylinders?

Am I completely wrong? The compression ring should have no oil on it? The oil ring lubricates and the scraper ring pulls all the oil back down? He made it sound like the oil ring is supposed to line the cylinder with a thin line of lubricant and when the piston is down the cylinder wall has oil on it

Last edited by Barbersham; 08-19-2016 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: Forgot a part
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO