lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #21
timsdsl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Vinyl Seat cleaning

My personal favorite is greased lightening & sos pads . Greased lightening is found at any $ general store for about 2$ . Wet seats spray onscrub with sos looks like new . Again my cart sat up for 9 yrs. Seat looked like tree bark , used above cleaners & now looks like new . Does not mess with cover like other cleaners .
timsdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #22
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

i agree the straight bleach and petroleum will messed the stiching up it breaks it down and fall apart i use to have a 42 foot sportfishermen bertram and it had alot of vinyl believe it my vinyl guy had me use a cleaner vinyl or vinegar and it did wonders on my boat but it didnt sit up for year. hope this was hopefully
toogood4ubalius79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #23
Poppy#1
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

The place where i bought my cart told me to use Paint thinner or finger nail polish remover.Mine wasn't too bad so i used the nail polish remover and it worked great.hope it helps.
Poppy#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #24
Vceliberti
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Magic Eraser did the trick for me today on a little marker spot from my kids.
Vceliberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #25
Poppy#1
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I forgot to mention that the stuff on my seat was mildew.I tried a magic eraser and it cleaned the dirt but wouldn't touch the mildew.
Poppy#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #26
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Tried them all on my CC seats. The Eraser really is magical.
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #27
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

i use straight bleach for mildew & oxalic acid for rust stains.
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #28
bud light
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Enamal reducer. It will make it sticky (dont stay in one spot to long) so move from spot to spot. You can come back to the same spot later. After you are happy with your cleaning job let it dry. Then use armorall on your vinyl. IT WORKS!!!
bud light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #29
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Not sure if its still under the same name but,Sea-Brite Marine Vinyl Cleaner & Conditioner (may have also been Vinyl-Shampoo)works unbelievable.When i had my boat the vinyl was awful and after a few hours everything looked new.Just put some on a cloth and rub it in.It also helps with UV protection.I agree with some other posts,stuff like thinner and reducer may clean it and look good,but it dries out the vinyl and it will start cracking/splitting over time.Watch the Armor-All,this can bring Great Sadness on a fast turn when uyou end up sliding off the cart!(Watched my buddy do this on a quad once,Funny as hell!!!)Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #30
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

I agree with lakeman, using heavy-duty stuff may get your covers clean for short-term, but the long/short term effect is going to cost you. If you have to get that serious about cleaning them it may just be time to "re-cover".

I have bright-white seats and as long as I stay "on top of it" cleaning with just a damp rag with glass cleaner, or something mild I can keep them clean. As long as you stay on top of it and not let it get out of control you are better off.....

The covers were out of control when I got mine and after pressure washing them as someone said, it did not even hardly put a dent in mine. I recovered my seats for next to nothing in cost and don't see them ever getting in the condition of having to pressure wash them again as long as I stay on top of them while I own my cart...
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car