lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2016, 07:37 PM   #1
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Fender Flares

Hey Guys, I have a 2015 TXT and I am planning my winter projects. I am thinking of adding another 3" of lift on top of the factory 2" with some 14" wheels and 23's. I am sure the next step would be fender flares. I have saw a couple places that flares may not fit with a front brush guard. I have searched the net and some of the pics I cant see much details. I know plenty of you guys have flares with the guard. Did you have any install issues? Are the flares touching your brush guard? THANKS for any input!
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fender Flares

If You're referring to the red TXT in your avatar, NO, the standard flares really don't fit with that style brushguard, they hit at the top of the wheel opening. What a lot of people with that style guard do is go with a running board that has a front flare built in, it'll at least stop the worst of the mud from flinging up at You and with that extra lift, the running boards themselves are kinda nice for helping people climb in and out.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There are some brush gaurds that will fit with flares. I'm planning on adding both to mine and have been looking closely after see "these wheel flares will not work fit with a brush gaurd installed".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (147.9 KB, 0 views)
mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Thanks for the input guys The idea of running boards is an option that I have not thought about. From my research the flares for the 2014+ model is about 2 1/2" wide. I had one dealer tell me they will touch the guard, but suggested to use a heat gun to re-form them a little. The brush guard that you see in my pic has already been modified because it was for an earlier model. I cut the brackets and had to move them about 1 1/2" to get it off of the front end. With that said I have no problem changing the guard up some if need be.
Got me thinking again. Maybe a custom guard with flares
Old 11-16-2016, 05:42 AM   #5
TARider
Not Yet Wild

What lift are you adding on top of the 2"?
TARider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:07 PM   #6
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARider View Post
What lift are you adding on top of the 2"?
My plan is to add a 3" spindle lift the to factory 2". In my mind this should not be an issue because the 2" OEM lift is nothing more then heavy duty springs and longer shocks (Warning my mind is what makes my foot kick myself in the a** from time to time ) I will try this out before ordering any larger wheels or tires. Any one else here with any input???
Old 11-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #7
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

personally, I'd just buy a 6" drop-axle lift and replace your existing axle completely, the factory lifts actually do have a drop to the axle if i remember correctly, I would feel nervous adding to that with a spindle kit. On the upside, the cost difference really isn't that much, better solid and safe than sorry
Old 11-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #8
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Thanks for the input Brew! Here is what I am sure is on the cart now.

https://shop.ezgo.com/products/2-inc...t-for-txt.html

All springs, I did look at the 4" drop axle kit to add to what I have.
In my mind (beating my head against the wall again lol) The drop with leaving the heavy duty springs would put me at 2" more then the original design of the kit.

I see a headache and beer in my future
Old 11-16-2016, 07:45 PM   #9
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well, if Your axle is straight across, then I guess You could do a spindle lift without worry, Hmm, a 6" spindle lift would net You 8" and the ability to run 25's, LOL

BTW, just one MORE thing to drive You nuts, but keep in mind that a drop-axle OR a spindle kit (either way) is going to widen your wheelbase up front, most spindle kits and up at about 2-2.5" per side and most drop-axle kits are between 1-1.5" WHICH means You're likely going to want to widen the rear end both for looks and stability so You might as well shop spacers for the rear wheels too. Hit up Ebay for a seller called "ATV Engineering", they sell sets in 1.5, 2, or 2.5 per side for under $30 to your door, I've used a ton of them and they really hold up well.

Beer You say? They picked up our dumpster at the shop today, and someone had left a rear engine mount hanging on the end of it when they painted it yesterday - so NOW I'm at a standstill on the latest "Big Block" project until I find, sandblast, prime and paint a new rear motor mount because the original one (of course, all prepped and ready to go) is hanging out at some local landfill ... Yeah, headaches and Beer - I get it LOL
Old 11-16-2016, 08:44 PM   #10
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Well, if Your axle is straight across, then I guess You could do a spindle lift without worry, Hmm, a 6" spindle lift would net You 8" and the ability to run 25's, LOL

BTW, just one MORE thing to drive You nuts, but keep in mind that a drop-axle OR a spindle kit (either way) is going to widen your wheelbase up front, most spindle kits and up at about 2-2.5" per side and most drop-axle kits are between 1-1.5" WHICH means You're likely going to want to widen the rear end both for looks and stability so You might as well shop spacers for the rear wheels too. Hit up Ebay for a seller called "ATV Engineering", they sell sets in 1.5, 2, or 2.5 per side for under $30 to your door, I've used a ton of them and they really hold up well.

Beer You say? They picked up our dumpster at the shop today, and someone had left a rear engine mount hanging on the end of it when they painted it yesterday - so NOW I'm at a standstill on the latest "Big Block" project until I find, sandblast, prime and paint a new rear motor mount because the original one (of course, all prepped and ready to go) is hanging out at some local landfill ... Yeah, headaches and Beer - I get it LOL
25's with an 8" lift!!! Your killing me here! Sounds like that would call for a big block conversion, not to mention having to push my wifes short a** up into it

I did think about the lift making the wheelbase wider, that was the part of the reason I started this thread about fender flares. THANKS for the info on the wheel spacers

Hope you atleast get free crap to make your new mount that someone already turned in for scrap price after all of your work

Sounds like beer time to me!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO